EMP TUNING, moving the discussion out of the shadows

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Lol even youtubers left emp and went to jake@motiv (see "adamlz"). So i would say there goes some of his following. Personally I'm going to trust @Twisted Tuning with my car in the spring. I once read someone say it's better to have a seasoned tuner with old software, than a new tuner with the latest and greatest technology. I believed that and took it to heart. I had a friend who contacted aj and he had the balls to say he wrote the mhd maps. Luckily my friend didn't choose to tune with him. It's a shame to see someone do this to people, but i guess that's what greed does to you.

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
The two Jakes I know are @MOTIV Motorsport who used to go by the username @jhershorin. The other one @jyamona doesn't tune so much as reverse engineer.

The two Justin's are @V8bait and @Twisted Tuning

Chris is @CKI@Motiv also known as 3000GT MR I believe.

Ken is @WedgePerformance

Andy is @AD-ENG

Most of these guys have been around this platform a while, some I know since before me and that was 2009. They've seen all the steps from piggy backs to cobb to open source flashing to mhd.

If someone can't tell you the history of this platform further than a couple years and the tuners who have been there along the way, I'd have a hard time taking their word for much when it comes to knowing who is best. There are a few people on this board that know. I've seen their names for many years.

If someone got interested in this platform from youtube, remember we still had motorola razrs when these cars came out and we were buying and boosting them. They probably were in grade school still and somehow claim to know everything.

Or the Sidekick. I remember all the pretty spanish girls had the sidekick back in high school lol

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Lol even youtubers left emp and went to jake@motiv (see "adamlz"). So i would say there goes some of his following. Personally I'm going to trust @Twisted Tuning with my car in the spring. I once read someone say it's better to have a seasoned tuner with old software, than a new tuner with the latest and greatest technology. I believed that and took it to heart. I had a friend who contacted aj and he had the balls to say he wrote the mhd maps. Luckily my friend didn't choose to tune with him. It's a shame to see someone do this to people, but i guess that's what greed does to you.

Looking Forward to working with you.

And please tell me that he said he wrote MHD maps in a text or email. Does your friend have screenshot. Because i can't fathom he would tell someone that when all MHD documentation clearly states Who does the Maps all the way to F-series.

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Looking Forward to working with you.

And please tell me that he said he wrote MHD maps in a text or email. Does your friend have screenshot. Because i can't fathom he would tell someone that when all MHD documentation clearly states Who does the Maps all the way to F-series.
Lol idk just word of mouth on my end but i can ask if he has any documentation of it.

Edit: i asked him and he sent me this. He asked if he did "all the tuning for mhd" but autocorrect screwed it up. No proof, and i guess its not fair to put words in someones mouth like that.
7298.png

Last edited:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
wow that just hit me lol i was begging my parents to get me the razr 2 when the 335i first released and then my two cousins got one ( one vert one coupe) . i had no idea it was boosted i just thought of it as a regular non m 3 series, then one cousin with the coupe bought a helix piggy back lmaooo , we installed that thing and put race gas in it then boom, the 335 was the first fast car i felt in my life lol never had the feeling of my stomach being pushed back until that moment, mind you this is all back in 07-08 lol

Yup, this was when iPhone was going crazy for the first time and you still couldn't send a picture message on it and people still used BBM and Nokia phones. T9 Predictive text was the rage for a brief moment before that.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Yup, this was when iPhone was going crazy for the first time and you still couldn't send a picture message on it and people still used BBM and Nokia phones. T9 Predictive text was the rage for a brief moment before that.

Why doesn't it surprise me you know that?

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT

Omar@VaderSolutions

Lieutenant
Premium Vendor
Oct 19, 2016
NY & AZ
vadersolution.com
Ride
N54 135i & N54 335i
Looks like his new excuse is "bad wideband"... lol ok AJ

Exhibit A: last night on BMW 335i Mods - bonus claim that you can run full e85 on a st2 LPFP and stock DI
INhbMxk.png

Exhibit B: Kraken record 889whp, posts 9-13
https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/threads/emp-tuning-the-kraken-does-889whp-801wtq.1928/#post-18479

AJ is a nice guy as many of his customers will be quick to point out. However a lot of what he says doesn't make sense, at least to me.
stage 2 pump and e85 is possible up to 19-20 psi without pi or anything else

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Fixed, psi is just a value of restriction not power ;).

Didn't BMS run port injection with e85 to crack 500 whp on stock turbos a while back?

AJ's customer here supposedly has bigger turbos, but who knows what those homemade stage 1s are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Yea, I only have a Stage2 LPFP right now and am running full e85. That's no problem at all really.

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
Didn't BMS run port injection with e85 to crack 500 whp on stock turbos a while back?

AJ's customer here supposedly has bigger turbos, but who knows what those homemade stage 1s are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We've tested so many things its hard to keep track. However in 2013 I did make 470whp stock turbos full e85, it is doable.

Reactions: Omar@VaderSolutions