1. Login to disable the Ads!

GR Supra Racing Concept

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by doublespaces, Mar 6, 2018.

1. doublespaces

doublespaces Administrator

2009 E93 335i
    So this looks a lot like the FT1 concept vehicle they displayed years ago, and apparently there is a non-racing version of the Supra coming. This car is called the GR Supra Racing Concept and was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show, and they made their intentions obvious:

"Yes, the Supra is returning. This concept is a clear signal of our intentions to bring back one of our most legendary sports cars to the market. This baby, developed by Toyota Gazoo Racing, is a thoroughbred designed for the race track. The best way of taking our Supra into a new era. It has been made light, compact and of course fast. I think you will agree, it looks amazing."

Watch the live stream of the event here, skip to 14:00:

grsupraracingconcept-interiordetails-8.jpg toyota-supra-racing-concept-geneva-2.jpg toyota-supra-racing-concept-geneva-18.jpg toyota-supra-racing-concept-geneva-20.jpg

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  2. PUTC

PUTC Corporal

08 335xi
    God that thing is sexy!!
  3. doublespaces

doublespaces Administrator

2009 E93 335i
    I'm beginning to think those supra hybrid rumors from years ago may have some truth. They are making a production car version of the supra and it is rumored to use a BMW engine. The G80 M3 has been rumored to have a BAS(Battery Alternator Starter) hybrid motor in it, presumably the S58.