1. Login to disable the Ads!

GR Supra Racing Concept

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by doublespaces, Mar 6, 2018.

1. doublespaces

doublespaces Administrator

Ride:
    2009 E93 335i
    [​IMG]
    So this looks a lot like the FT1 concept vehicle they displayed years ago, and apparently there is a non-racing version of the Supra coming. This car is called the GR Supra Racing Concept and was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show, and they made their intentions obvious:

"Yes, the Supra is returning. This concept is a clear signal of our intentions to bring back one of our most legendary sports cars to the market. This baby, developed by Toyota Gazoo Racing, is a thoroughbred designed for the race track. The best way of taking our Supra into a new era. It has been made light, compact and of course fast. I think you will agree, it looks amazing."

Watch the live stream of the event here, skip to 14:00:

grsupraracingconcept-interiordetails-8.jpg toyota-supra-racing-concept-geneva-2.jpg toyota-supra-racing-concept-geneva-18.jpg toyota-supra-racing-concept-geneva-20.jpg

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/toyota-supra-gazoo-racing-concept-geneva/

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  2. PUTC

PUTC Corporal

Ride:
    08 335xi
    God that thing is sexy!!

3. doublespaces

doublespaces Administrator

Ride:
    2009 E93 335i
    I'm beginning to think those supra hybrid rumors from years ago may have some truth. They are making a production car version of the supra and it is rumored to use a BMW engine. The G80 M3 has been rumored to have a BAS(Battery Alternator Starter) hybrid motor in it, presumably the S58.