Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Cars getting taken apart in the winter to go to a single setup, and a mildly built motor :). As long as it lasts until then I'm happy

Reactions: Torgus

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
I've only actually hurt one n54, and that was the one that spun the hub. My cars engine was running perfectly before tear down. The rod with the worn bearing wasn't actually bent unless it's so slight that the eye cant tell, although that hole was down on compression compared to the rest. But it was hurt before it came into my hands and i did make the problem worse :). That motor will get rods, pistons, a pinned hub, and head studs.

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
I've only actually hurt one n54, and that was the one that spun the hub. My cars engine was running perfectly before tear down. The rod with the worn bearing wasn't actually bent unless it's so slight that the eye cant tell, although that hole was down on compression compared to the rest. But it was hurt before it came into my hands and i did make the problem worse :). That motor will get rods, pistons, a pinned hub, and head studs.
All I read is YOU made the problem worse. 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Funny
Reactions: RuskiRacer

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
I feel like after the amount of boost it see's and the weight it pushes, the numbers have to be down from back when you put the pure's in.
Probably.
Very good chance.
Motors don't last forever. Even at stock boost or N/A motors.
But not doing compression test unless I feel the motor is hurt. Then take steps accordingly.
For now, its fine.
Slow, but runs and starts OK.

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Probably.
Very good chance.
Motors don't last forever. Even at stock boost or N/A motors.
But not doing compression test unless I feel the motor is hurt. Then take steps accordingly.
For now, its fine.
Slow, but runs and starts OK.
One big lie in that. It's not slow 😂

• Agree
Reactions: wheela