Silent11

Corporal
Oct 31, 2018
Ride
2007 Bmw 335i
Hi guys

Looking to buy a line lock for the 335i

i see on ecs there is the VTTO and AR Design

Has anyone tried them ?? do you guys prefer one over the other ??

any other ones out there you guys would recommend ??

thanks

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
I think ar had some deal with vtto. Same instructions and components. Great set up. Works like a charm. I placed an add a wire into the fuse box and added a flush mount push button next to the gear shifter

Reactions: Silent11

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I wonder if you can still buy the AR one still? I know they 'kind of' went out of business. You could always make your own but it is easier to buy a complete kit.

twosickz

Jul 5, 2017
Ride
07 335 - motiv single n54
I ordered the VVTO from ECS tuning and returned it due to the brake line line not screwing into the VTTO fitting correctly. ECS advised it was not safe to drive like this so they let me return it.

I wish I could purchase the old school AR design kit with the bracket.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I ordered the VVTO from ECS tuning and returned it due to the brake line line not screwing into the VTTO fitting correctly. ECS advised it was not safe to drive like this so they let me return it.

That is par for the course.

I just msged the people who bought AR. Hopefully we can buy one from them. I would make my own and sell it assuming there was a large enough market for it(there is not imo).

Silent11

Corporal
Oct 31, 2018
Ride
2007 Bmw 335i
ecs site says AR will be back in stock in a few days. If they are the same kit, would it have the same issues with the brake lineas the VTTO kit ?

SJ_1989

Sergeant
Aug 7, 2018
Illinoisssss
Ride
2008 E90 335i
I bought the AR from ECS 2 months ago. Was on backorder for a month but still got it. FYI AR doesn't come with the toggle switch like VTT. Also doesn't come with a momentary switch (depending on how you wire it).

Silent11

Corporal
Oct 31, 2018
Ride
2007 Bmw 335i
I bought the AR from ECS 2 months ago. Was on backorder for a month but still got it. FYI AR doesn't come with the toggle switch like VTT. Also doesn't come with a momentary switch (depending on how you wire it).
any links on the switches that you bought to complete the kit ?? really sucks that its not a complete set .

SJ_1989

Sergeant
Aug 7, 2018
Illinoisssss
Ride
2008 E90 335i
Depends on what type of switch you want and how you want to wire it. Some people use a latching switch (for example, a toggle switch) to arm the system then a momentary switch (could be mounted on the steering wheel or shifter) to active the line locks. Others use the latching switch only. Google toggle switches, latching push button switch, momentary switch, line lock wiring diagram, etc to get an idea.

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus
Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ

Hello, we have sold hundreds of these kits directly from our site, and on ECS. We also use them in all of our shop projects. They come with DOT approved genuine Parker stainless steel brake lines, and all high-pressure fittings. If the line did not screw into the fitting it is because ECS most likely sent you the wrong fitting/line for the kit. We sell them multiple kits, across a few platforms which use different fittings, and lines. ECS is a huge company, and things like that happen more frequently then we would like. You can always contact us directly with any issues. As for the switch. Each kit is sent with a safety switch which is exactly how we prefer to run them. Stage the car in the burn out box, flip the cover, close the switch, do your burn out, and just slap the cover down when you want to release. Simple, effective, and no chance of accidentally triggering when you do not want to. Multiple switches are not really needed, but some prefer them. Momentary switches can be picked up on Amazon for a few bucks.

Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenjermen

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
ecs site says AR will be back in stock in a few days. If they are the same kit, would it have the same issues with the brake lineas the VTTO kit ?

I contacted AR and they are still offering their kit. Should still be slightly less expensive after you pick the switches you want.

If you look at the images the kits are supplied with different parts:

706476_x800.jpg

3BarEvo8

Lurker
Jan 26, 2018
Ride
07 335i
I ordered the VTT kit a few days before this thread was started, i would probably recommend going with the AR Designs kit. They ignored my options since i chose the carbon fiber switch cover and was sent a red one, in addition to that it also says it includes detailed instructions. The paperwork in the box states to go to the about us section of their website for instructions, but there is nothing up there for this kit. Otherwise the lines look good and uses the typical universal line lock solenoids which I’m sure will be fine. I plan to install today or tomorrow, i will follow up after install if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• 01B0F84A-2410-40C3-9CF8-FE66CAA96A07.png
    01B0F84A-2410-40C3-9CF8-FE66CAA96A07.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 132
  • Informative
Reactions: Torgus and Silent11

Silent11

Corporal
Oct 31, 2018
Ride
2007 Bmw 335i
I ordered the VTT kit a few days before this thread was started, i would probably recommend going with the AR Designs kit. They ignored my options since i chose the carbon fiber switch cover and was sent a red one, in addition to that it also says it includes detailed instructions. The paperwork in the box states to go to the about us section of their website for instructions, but there is nothing up there for this kit. Otherwise the lines look good and uses the typical universal line lock solenoids which I’m sure will be fine. I plan to install today or tomorrow, i will follow up after install if anyone is interested.
thanks for all the info !! followup would be greatly appreciated

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I ordered the VTT kit a few days before this thread was started, i would probably recommend going with the AR Designs kit. They ignored my options since i chose the carbon fiber switch cover and was sent a red one, in addition to that it also says it includes detailed instructions. The paperwork in the box states to go to the about us section of their website for instructions, but there is nothing up there for this kit.

53377760.jpg

That is par for the course bro. Sucks.

Last edited:

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
When you wire it, put a master on/off switch separate from trigger. Will prevent weird calls saying "ummm..your car wont move" if switch flipped accidentally

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
Hello, we have sold hundreds of these kits directly from our site, and on ECS. We also use them in all of our shop projects. They come with DOT approved genuine Parker stainless steel brake lines, and all high-pressure fittings. If the line did not screw into the fitting it is because ECS most likely sent you the wrong fitting/line for the kit. We sell them multiple kits, across a few platforms which use different fittings, and lines. ECS is a huge company, and things like that happen more frequently then we would like. You can always contact us directly with any issues. As for the switch. Each kit is sent with a safety switch which is exactly how we prefer to run them. Stage the car in the burn out box, flip the cover, close the switch, do your burn out, and just slap the cover down when you want to release. Simple, effective, and no chance of accidentally triggering when you do not want to. Multiple switches are not really needed, but some prefer them. Momentary switches can be picked up on Amazon for a few bucks.

Chris
I can confirm kit was perfect. I bought a second one for future use.

3BarEvo8

Lurker
Jan 26, 2018
Ride
07 335i
Sorry guys but nothing good to report, got a chance to pull my car in the shop this afternoon and am not happy with the fitment of the lines. I cannot find anyway of mounting the solenoid and routing the line so it does not rub the inside of the wheel. Looking at the AR design kit it looks better thought out, i like the rubber holders it looks like they mount the solenoids directly to the hard line and use one line in the factory location. I have already reached out to Vargas about returning the kit. I plan to just order the universal solenoids myself and make my own hard line with the solenoids mounted in the engine bay and i will retain the factory hoses.

• Sad
Reactions: Torgus and Silent11