Technical Lots of contradicting N54 Head Stud Info online…..who’s got the facts?

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
ok. is possible to mess angle with that kits? or those align plates are workong fine?

You can always mess up. If you are not sure and you sound like you are really uncertain of your own skills, just bring the damn block to a shop. Will probably cost less than you expect.

Reactions: wheela

driver01

Lurker
Nov 25, 2022
You can always mess up. If you are not sure and you sound like you are really uncertain of your own skills, just bring the damn block to a shop. Will probably cost less than you expect.
its not about cost, but block needs to be bare, without internals, when sending to a shop?

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
My issue was no local machine shop would do it. Had to just send it

Reactions: wheela

IQraceworks

Corporal
Jul 7, 2020
Missouri
Ride
07' BMW 335i
At this point...I'm thinking about running one of the ARP kits from that come with the 9mm studs on the corners so that I don't have the machine the block. It's got to be better than the oem head bolts....and if I'm only making around 600hp, I don't see why that wouldn't be fine....