MSD81 changing ZUSB

Xantor

Private
Jan 3, 2023
Hey,

I was trying to flash a ikm0s 1M software to my manual 335is (INA0S ROM) and it would let me flash it without any problems. When flashing ots maps from MHD it keeps reverting back to INA0s however. I found a fix for it.
I need to change my ZUSB Number to "8619148".

How would I procced to do that? A google search yielded no useful information.

I already have INPA/ ISTA+ and have some experience in coding my car. However i have never changed a ZUSB number.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

TiAgAu

Corporal
Nov 18, 2018
Australia
Ride
08 335i
Flashing the ikm0s EU rom from here with MHD doesn't change your ZUSB Number to 8619148?

Did you check with MHD?

As said
here you need an ikmos flash or it will revert.

Last edited:

Xantor

Private
Jan 3, 2023
I haven't checked. After I flashed a stock ikm0s bin the rom changed. But then if I want to flash stage 2+ it reverts to ian0s. My goal is to keep ikm0s however.

I thought by manually changing zusb Nr it will keep my rom and not revert.

Is that the case?

TiAgAu

Corporal
Nov 18, 2018
Australia
Ride
08 335i
I haven't checked. After I flashed a stock ikm0s bin the rom changed. But then if I want to flash stage 2+ it reverts to ian0s. My goal is to keep ikm0s however.

I thought by manually changing zusb Nr it will keep my rom and not revert.

Is that the case?
No. You will find if you flash the EU ikm0s your zusb is already 8619148

Not sure if it'll work, but worth a try. After flashing the ikm0s bin in MHD choose generate updated stock file this will disable some of those checks etc. Flash that generated file and may allow you to stay on ikm0s with mhd ots tunes.

Some else here may know for sure.

Last edited:

Xantor

Private
Jan 3, 2023
For those wondering:

I got it running by first uninstalling MHD (don't know whether that was necessary but I did it anyway).
I then used Winkfp in comfort mode to flash the zusb 8619148. Since I haven't seen anyone else covering it I will share a small DIY for those 2-3 people in the future that might wondered the same.

Step 1: Komfort Modus.

1699982890490.png

Step 2: ZUSB auswählen (select ZUSB) and then select the exact same options. NOTE: Don't select "unverbaut" (=not installed) but the "-". And press Ok.
1699983036871.png

The next steps are straight forward. I unfortunately don't have my car connected now but it should list some options like DONE and UPDATE or something like that. The flash takes about 25 minutes so make sure that your car is connected to a charger. While it's flashing also make sure to not operate the car (closing windows, openening the door etc) as to not disturb the data transmission. That's what MHD says too btw.

Once it's done it should look something like this:
1m.png

After that you can flash MHD again and choosing an OTS Tune like 2+ won't revert back to your OEM ROM. Benefits to the IKM0S ROM are too long to list. There's a good amount of posts here that discuss this.

If someone encounters a problem or has a question feel free to ask.