N54 Stock DME Flex Fuel

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The Beta program is being kept close and closed. Its a very disciplined program that requires changes and results at the drop of a hat. That said, hardware is being finalized and Jake is still plugging away with 1's and 0's

No A's or F's? Shame! Although, writing machine code would be much harder.

v.i.335is

Private
Jan 12, 2017
One question, ordered the fuel-it e85 sensor and bluetooth analyzer. How would this work with the mhd in terms of wiring into the DME for a raw signal, so the DME can make the necessary adjustments.. (Not sure if I'm asking the question in the right manner)

Last edited:

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
One question, ordered the fuel-it e85 sensor and bluetooth analyzer. How would this work with the mhd in terms of wiring into the DME for a raw signal, so the DME can make the necessary adjustments.. (Not sure if I'm asking the question in the right manner)

Their E85 sensor is just the typical Continental / GM sensor so that will be fine. However, their bluetooth ECA (ethanol content analyzer) is not supported. I would see if you can return it. Only the official MHD/Motiv ECA is supported as it was designed specifically to work with the DME, and some changes were needed vs. standard off the shelf ECA's currently on the market.

As I said earlier on, I encourage those interested to not purchase any hardware until the official flex fuel pre-order thread is posted. Pre-orders will open about 1 week before shipping.

justa335i

Nov 7, 2016
NJ
Wow this is awesome!
I made the mistake of parting out my FBO 335i and i'm currently going FBO again in a different direction.
I was previously JB4 and I plan on going MHD. If i purchase MHD will this just be an update + hardware, or is it an entirely different program?

v.i.335is

Private
Jan 12, 2017
Their E85 sensor is just the typical Continental / GM sensor so that will be fine. However, their bluetooth ECA (ethanol content analyzer) is not supported. I would see if you can return it. Only the official MHD/Motiv ECA is supported as it was designed specifically to work with the DME, and some changes were needed vs. standard off the shelf ECA's currently on the market.

As I said earlier on, I encourage those interested to not purchase any hardware until the official flex fuel pre-order thread is posted. Pre-orders will open about 1 week before shipping.

Thanks for the reply..