Need help with monitors

coulda

Jun 10, 2023
Hey y’all, I’m having trouble with my monitors. I have catless downpipes and on mhd stock tune(not stage 0) I’ve went in tuner pro and disabled some check engine codes. I’m able to get my catalyst monitor complete but my evap, o2 and o2 heater won’t complete. I get codes for rear sensor swapped (2c6a) and code for oxygen sensor control (2c31). All o2 sensors are brand new, reset lambda adaptations in mhd but still get these codes. O2s are in the correct downpipe should I swap and see if it helps? I have a 335is with INA0S hardware. If I’m correct for my state I need to have o2 and catalyst monitors complete but the rest can be not available. I can try with o2 monitors not available if someone can help disable them

coulda

Jun 10, 2023
Not sure how monitors work, but I have followed the ftp drive cycle and still come out with incomplete monitors

jayntguru

Jul 11, 2021
I had the same problem and the fix for me was to disable the MHD O2 sensor CEL disable setting (I forget what it's called exactly). No matter what I did they would never go ready until I did that.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
It's not possible to pass readiness with a 335is INA0S ROM. There is a bug in the software that prevents it completing.

The fix from BMW was to flash all 335is cars to an older revision of ILA0S. Hence they created a version of ILA0S with a newer ZB than the INA0S ROM so dealers flashing them will downgrade them to old software.

Bit confusing but you basically need to find a tuner than can force readiness on INA0S or flash back to stock with WinKFP. The O2 sensor swapped code you have is probably genuine so that needs sorting first.

coulda

Jun 10, 2023
Do you know anyone who can force readiness? I doubt my catalyst monitor will set with stock tune

coulda

Jun 10, 2023
Got it! Will do that this evening. Also can a tune force monitors? Where can I find a tuner who could do that.