Not hitting Target Boost, single Turbo setup.

BMWPower88

Lurker
Mar 22, 2018
Ride
R91 335Xi
Hi all. I am having issues with my single turbo setup not hitting target boost. I am on map 2 which should be 17 psi but I am only getting 11 because of my wastegate springs (11 psi)
I did boost leak test and I did have a lot of leak because i changed my 4 O2 senors trying to fix fuel trim issues so took a lot of things off and put them back together. However after installing 4 new O2 sensors in realized that my valve cover had hair line crack in it so that is what caused my fuel trims variations . So I changed my valve cover as well . Fixed all boost leaks and pressurized system to 20 psi all good there.
I am still not hitting boost target. I have JB4 that controls my boost and according to JB4 I can test mac solenoid by having car in any map , ignition on and by pressing gas pedal. I should be hearing clicks from Mac solenoid but I am not hearing anything at all. I unplugged mac solenoid and applied 12 volts from motorcycle battery and solenoid is clicking . I tested wire harness where 2 oem boost solenoid used to connect and I am getting 12 v on wire 1 and 0 volts on wire 2 . Same story with the other boost solenoid wire that is in the harness. To my understanding I should be getting 12v on wire 1 and 6 volts on wire 2. So I am at the loss why I am getting 0 v on wire 2 . I also checked all fused in glove compartment and they are all good. Any one might know what might be the issue?

Update:

Changed my Mac solenoid few days ago still same issue. Mac solenoid will not click when Ignition is on , map 1 and pressing gas pedal .
I tried different maps still same boost 11 psi

Anyone know what this might be ?

brandnewish

Feb 28, 2018
Ride
1972 Radio Flyer 90
Hey @BMWPower88 Did you ever resolve this issue? I have been having similar issue after doing roughly the same service/diagnostics as you. Just curious if you ever nailed down the cause? Cheers