On3 performance kits

Discussion in 'N54' started by e30sherm, Dec 1, 2016.

Trader History (0)
  1. e30sherm

e30sherm Private

I am curious if anyone is familiar with the turbos that on3 performance sells with their kits. I know they offer both a GT30 and GT35 but what I am not sure of, is if they are designed in house or outsourced. They appear to be Garrett unit's but with their own cast vband housings but I am no expert.

2. They appear to be chinese garret/tial replicas.

3. e30sherm

e30sherm Private

Guess that would help explain the price in comparison to every other single kit

4. ATL-IS-N54

ATL-IS-N54 Corporal

That's what I was gonna say... They all make them look like garret or BW to seem more legit

5. Bme30

Bme30 Lurker

This!

6. Bigdaddyaaron

Bigdaddyaaron Corporal

How are you guys just now putting this together

7. Abacus38

Abacus38 Corporal

Tampa/Orlando, FL
    2007 Ti Ag 335i
    I have a efr 9174 ive been thinking about scooping this up and ditching the turbo, intercooler, wastegate, charge pipe , and bov. IDK if the efr would fit though lol

8. Only time will tell if the single pipe can withstand the weight of a turbo after a few months or years of heat cycling.

9. doublespaces

doublespaces Administrator

AZ
    2009 E93 335i
  10. Stay away from on3, they are pretty much eBay turbos. They got a bad rap in the mustang world. Don't let the cheap price lure you in

11. doublespaces

AZ
    2009 E93 335i
    I have an ade 6266 kit

12. Stucks

Stucks Lurker

was wondering about this myself...

13. R.G.

R.G. Sergeant

Henderson, NV
    E92 N54, F02 N54
    The manifold is ~$2500. Same range as other N54 manifolds. Single scroll and you can add a Precise turbo with Tile bovs which gives the perception of a "deal".
    Guys are really sensitive/defensive about any critical discussion regarding manifold. Hopefully that won't prevent any real feedback and review info from them on how it holds up.

14. doublespaces

AZ
    2009 E93 335i
    Oh, I didn't realize they were charging so much for their manifold. So I guess its just all the other components which are cheaper?

15. R.G.

R.G. Sergeant

Henderson, NV
    E92 N54, F02 N54
    Basically. To be honest the manifold looks like a train wreck and they likely have a higher profit margin then the name brand.

16. doublespaces

AZ
    2009 E93 335i
    Interesting. Well in that light I guess someone needs to make a cheap log manifold for those on a budget.