Rail pressure crashing with new HPFP

Vtecnet

Lurker
Sep 20, 2021
I just replaced my HPFP on my 2008 135i, as it was having issues with cold start and sometimes rail pressure would dip at idle causing a 1/2 check engine light and high pressure fuel system error code.

It did however maintain rail pressure up in the RPM after a dip with the onset of torque.

The new Marelli Magneti HPFP (Supposedly an OEM) is the opposite, it works well at cold start, idle and cruise and seems to have rail pressure looking good with torque onset, although this map is really tame.
However WOT causes it to crash around 5000rpm.

Log: https://www.spoolstreet.com/graphs/rail-pressure-crashing-with-new-marelli-magneti-hpfp.33322/

Has anyone here used that particular brand of HPFP before? to me it seems like it might be a dud, but looking for alternative opinions.

Vtecnet

Lurker
Sep 20, 2021
I had exact same situation last week and also installed magneti marelli, trying to figure out wth is going on.
Did you fix your issue?
It was a dud pump, ended up going back to my old pump, I suspect the pump I got was counterfeit, I had ebay buyer protection and got a refund. I have ordered the vemo from ecs tuning, which is on backorder.