Valve guides replacement (part number for N54/N53)

kulixo

Lurker
May 26, 2020
Hi!

I've been running an N53 head on my N54 which I'm currently in the process of rebuilding.
Especially the exhaust valve guides are worn and no longer good, but might replace inlet guides as well.
I've been trying to find a good part number for these guides for N53 (I'm fairly sure N54 are the same), but without luck.
Nothing on realoem from what I can find.

Only thing I've managed to find is some TRW guides with ean 4028977876875, but I would rather have a bmw part number to search for (since I found alot of vendors has inaccurrate part info).
I was hoping someone might have insights into where I can find good oem quality guides, I'm based in the EU.

Thanks!

Jern54

Sergeant
Oct 18, 2019
Netherlands
Ride
E91 N54 335i
you can't order these from the dealer as you already found out.
If you are based in EU as well, I would suggest to order them at Subi Performance or HCR Latvia.

kulixo

Lurker
May 26, 2020
you can't order these from the dealer as you already found out.
If you are based in EU as well, I would suggest to order them at Subi Performance or HCR Latvia.
This confirms my suspicion.
HCR built my engine initially, so I'll reach out to them.
Thanks!

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Hi!

I've been running an N53 head on my N54 which I'm currently in the process of rebuilding.
Especially the exhaust valve guides are worn and no longer good, but might replace inlet guides as well.
I've been trying to find a good part number for these guides for N53 (I'm fairly sure N54 are the same), but without luck.
Nothing on realoem from what I can find.

Only thing I've managed to find is some TRW guides with ean 4028977876875, but I would rather have a bmw part number to search for (since I found alot of vendors has inaccurrate part info).
I was hoping someone might have insights into where I can find good oem quality guides, I'm based in the EU.

Thanks!

I found those for Exhaust Side:

For Intake Side they are not available:

• Informative
Reactions: wheela

kulixo

Lurker
May 26, 2020
where are you from if I may ask?
I'm in Stockholm, sweden

I found those for Exhaust Side:

For Intake Side they are not available:
Thanks!

Eventually my local machine shop found some guides with the correct dimensions in their assortment.