VTT Ball Bearing Testing Teaser

Discussion in 'N54' started by [email protected], Dec 2, 2016.

Trader History (0)
  1. Tony put the prototype set of GC+ BB on the high speed today to run them through some paces before they go on the car. Here is a quick blip up to 200,000 RPM then back down(turn the volume up). Enjoy.

IMG_0623.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. doublespaces

doublespaces Administrator

AZ
    2009 E93 335i
    That is pretty sweet, what other test procedures do you do on this thing? Do you do a longer duration?

3. That particular machine is for balance -yes we do significant other testing too. Most of that would fall under the proprietary category but all of it falls under the awesome category.

4. doublespaces

AZ
    2009 E93 335i
    That BB is noisy! Love it

5. Most of that noise is the machine.

6. doublespaces

AZ
    2009 E93 335i
    Oh, disappoint. I suppose there wouldn't be so much noise without the housing on? Good thing you're the turbo guys and not me.

7. ATL-IS-N54

ATL-IS-N54 Corporal

Yeah the compressed air balancing machine... Usually used to rebuild and rebalance compressor wheels, That and then a little grind here and there.,.

8. Besides the obvious benefits from BB... this helps with the turbo seal issue right?

9. Not sure what you mean by "the turbo seal issue", but BB is superior in all ways. Will even make you get a promotion at work and give you 38% more of a refund when you do your taxes.