What point is it to much

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
Yay I missed something lol not sure what tension strut is but guess I have to get I kept stock roll bars as i have seen so many mixed opinions I love my car and I know I will never get back what I put in it just sometimes does get a little stressful when I do one thing and expose 10 others my car does hook up alot better and I still didn't put the nt05s on I will say I don't think a m4 could ever feel as good as my e92 might be able to be faster around track but prob not me driving lol and I was running e60 but moved to ct and no flex fuel so i am stage 2 plus 93 right now I need to find tuner asap and prob going direct port meth as I miss the power I was running a v8bait tune I found on forum and tried playing with it a little but don't want to blow up my car I really just want to find someone that can minimize post shift timing drops and wanted to wait until was warmer out especially not using e85 so i didn't have to worry about a winter tune being to aggressive in summer

Rob... dude.... I will say what everyone else is thinking. PLEASE put some effort into formatting your text.

I have been concentrating to read your stuff but this last post I just gave up.

As Sweet Brown says...
Ain't nobody got time for that!

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
It's not tied up. It's long gone. First rule of Italian car racing - tear the rear view mirror off.

Filippo

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
We both started the single turbo journey the same time. I hope your journey is going better than mine.

Mine is installed and just started tuning with motiv. 6466 93 + cp 100% meth.

What are you running into? Happy to help as I literally just did it. PM me.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
N54s are like the rabbit hole. You just go deeper and deeper.

They are great with stock twins and lowest cost vehicle I know of with so much bang for your buck. But once you leave the stock twin life things start to add up. Especially if you want to do it right. I havnt even touched my suspension really. That has got to be another 4-5k depending on what I do(yes I know you can spend a lot more or less) I'll probably spend all this money and a low cost Porsche will Probably handle better.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Actually I don't think you need to leave twin life for this issue. Look at the longevity data, what is available, for those that are upgrading their twins with other twins. YMMV.

It's funny everybody talks about buying a Porsche. I'm not very convinced ...

Filippo

The Banshee

Corporal
Nov 18, 2017
Lehigh Valley PA
Ride
2008 335xi coupe 6466 MT
Mine is installed and just started tuning with motiv. 6466 93 + cp 100% meth.

What are you running into? Happy to help as I literally just did it. PM me.

I work in Europe 2 weeks a month so I needed a shop to do the install. My time home needs to be with family and not in the garage or I would have taken on the install myself. Long story short is the shop found rounded out injector hole so new head was in order. Shop locates me a refurb head and installs it. Then come to find out Precision sent a journal bearing 6466 instead of the BB I paid for. Shop goes back and forth with Precision to fix the problem and that takes a few more weeks. Correct BB turbo was supposed to be delivered Tuesday and now the shop is telling me next Tuesday.

I am flying home as I am typing this and plan to contact both Doc Race and Precision next week. I am losing my patience.

I really appreciate your offer to help and will most likely take you up on it once I have this shit show straighten out. Keep us posted on your progress!!

• Love
Reactions: Rcboosted2007

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I work in Europe 2 weeks a month so I needed a shop to do the install. My time home needs to be with family and not in the garage or I would have taken on the install myself. Long story short is the shop found rounded out injector hole so new head was in order. Shop locates me a refurb head and installs it. Then come to find out Precision sent a journal bearing 6466 instead of the BB I paid for. Shop goes back and forth with Precision to fix the problem and that takes a few more weeks. Correct BB turbo was supposed to be delivered Tuesday and now the shop is telling me next Tuesday.

I am flying home as I am typing this and plan to contact both Doc Race and Precision next week. I am losing my patience.

I really appreciate your offer to help and will most likely take you up on it once I have this shit show straighten out. Keep us posted on your progress!!

How were they able to tell the difference? Just curious.

So sorry to hear about your issues. Nothing like being forced to drop more money than you already have.

The install is a time sink 1st time around. You will be happy at the end of the day when you paid somene to install it and found the issue in your head.

Last edited:

The Banshee

Corporal
Nov 18, 2017
Lehigh Valley PA
Ride
2008 335xi coupe 6466 MT
How were they able to tell the difference? Just curious.

So sorry to hear about your issues. Nothing like being forced to drop more money than you already have.

The install is a time sink 1st time around. You will be happy at the end of the day when you paid somene to install it and found the issue in your head.

I was told one of the shop techs caught it. I was told how but can’t remember the details because so much other stuff was wrong with the turbo between now and then. It’s been back and forth several times.

I was hoping to hit one of the Pocono Slip Stream events before July but now I would jump for joy just to hear it start.

I know you have had good success with meth on the stockers so I am interested to see how you do with it on your new setup. Some of the 93 meth single numbers being posted lately are quite impressive.

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
On my first 135i/N54 car, I had about 20-22K into it and it was just an 08 sport package FBO 6 speed. sold it for about 15K, had it for about 1.5 years. 5-7K was kinda a big loss for only 1.5 years but considering that includes everything from maintenance to mods to depreciation of car value, not too too bad.

So 2 months after selling I scooped up my next n54 in the current market and searched very, very hard for a certain criteria car and got a downright steal. In todays market on the buyer's side of things, if you know your stuff, anything is possible. I got a super clean car for 9800$.. 2010, Lemans blue M sport 135i 6 speed, Index 12 injectors, Dealer replaced turbos, 94K miles only, and tons of other dealership maintenance.

yes this was pretty lucky, but with the sale of my 08 135i at 15K this leaves me 5K leftover for my single turbo kit. I am planning on another 5K into the build (7.5" fmic, chargepipe/bov, stage 3 LPFP, Port injection, stage 3+clutch/smfw, boostbox, and custom tuning) and for about 20K it should absolutely rip! Of course I will need to spend another few grand on traction mods with 17" wheels/tire combo and a Diff, but Ill save that for next year or after the winter and just throw some sticky 595rsrr's on the 18' msport wheels for 300$ and send it for now.

Moral of the story is I had a 2008 FBO car that I was 20-22K into, and all said and done I will now have a 2010 M sport single turbo car for basically the same price... If you cant beat em, join em. Their are deals out there

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffman

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
On my first 135i/N54 car, I had about 20-22K into it and it was just an 08 sport package FBO 6 speed. sold it for about 15K, had it for about 1.5 years. 5-7K was kinda a big loss for only 1.5 years but considering that includes everything from maintenance to mods to depreciation of car value, not too too bad.

So 2 months after selling I scooped up my next n54 in the current market and searched very, very hard for a certain criteria car and got a downright steal. In todays market on the buyer's side of things, if you know your stuff, anything is possible. I got a super clean car for 9800$.. 2010, Lemans blue M sport 135i 6 speed, Index 12 injectors, Dealer replaced turbos, 94K miles only, and tons of other dealership maintenance.

yes this was pretty lucky, but with the sale of my 08 135i at 15K this leaves me 5K leftover for my single turbo kit. I am planning on another 5K into the build (7.5" fmic, chargepipe/bov, stage 3 LPFP, Port injection, stage 3+clutch/smfw, boostbox, and custom tuning) and for about 20K it should absolutely rip! Of course I will need to spend another few grand on traction mods with 17" wheels/tire combo and a Diff, but Ill save that for next year or after the winter and just throw some sticky 595rsrr's on the 18' msport wheels for 300$ and send it for now.

Moral of the story is I had a 2008 FBO car that I was 20-22K into, and all said and done I will now have a 2010 M sport single turbo car for basically the same price... If you cant beat em, join em. Their are deals out there
Wanna buy my pi setup? Just pulled it off the car because my power goals have drastically reduced since I hardly ever drive the car. No point in putting the money into something I don't use.

• Funny
Reactions: Rcboosted2007

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
Wanna buy my pi setup? Just pulled it off the car because my power goals have drastically reduced since I hardly ever drive the car. No point in putting the money into something I don't use.

Pm me, what brand is it?

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
One thing I will say is doing good quality coil overs is huge difference I still didn't put my new tires on and I hook 2nd perfect and somewhat 1st I will never overlook suspension again

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
One thing I will say is doing good quality coil overs is huge difference I still didn't put my new tires on and I hook 2nd perfect and somewhat 1st I will never overlook suspension again
I suspect some of the wheel hop complaints have more to do with the rear suspension setup than with the diff moving around.

Filippo