Can I cut this off the intake mani?

MDORPHN

Corporal
Jan 28, 2018
Ride
BMW 1M
Need to do some clearancing to run hoses to my new Radium oil catch cans. Specifically, I need to cut off one of the two "spears" -- marked with an orange piece of tape -- from the topside of the factory intake mani that once supported the factory airbox. I suspect it's solid, but thought I'd check just in case....
IMG_1309.jpeg

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
if your never going to run a stock airbox again go for it, but you will have to cut it right down to clearance it for engine movement.

MDORPHN

Corporal
Jan 28, 2018
Ride
BMW 1M
The iPhone camera angle is a bit misleading and the cans will be located outward a bit toward the tower -- so I'm ok for engine movement. But the plastic prong gets in the way of how I want to run the high side vent hose to the catch can.

Neil

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
The iPhone camera angle is a bit misleading and the cans will be located outward a bit toward the tower -- so I'm ok for engine movement. But the plastic prong gets in the way of how I want to run the high side vent hose to the catch can.

Neil

What I'm saying is you have to cut it right down for engine movement so it doesn't hit the fitting that's all.

Reactions: MDORPHN