How close are we to O2s in DP?

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
I never understand when people try and make this argument...the cost of parts relative to the price of the vehicle means nothing. The steering factor is the overall investment, not individual prices.

I know, its why I didn't buy a 911.... I knew from the outset I would double the purchase price and some.
but the majority of people are what marty experiences, they are not wedded to a project car for very long and they want bang for buck and instant gratification - those guys make up the market.

Reactions: martymil

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I know, its why I didn't buy a 911.... I knew from the outset I would double the purchase price and some.
but the majority of people are what marty experiences, they are not wedded to a project car for very long and they want bang for buck and instant gratification - those guys make up the market.

BINGO.

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
not sure I see 900whp (even dynojet numbers) out a of 3L displacement as a goal worth aspiring to for reliability. cant you sh8t on jimmy's firebird with 600whp twins and a simple MHD flash? or does jimmy run a big block?? ;)
Its a bmw, its never reliable 😅
And no, its a 383 stroker with a procharger and faceplated t56. Theres also a fbo hellcat, and a twin turbo s550, couple high hp cars.....so twins are not gonna cut it around me. 33lbs on my single kit doesnt for sure. That knocks twins out real quick.

I can live without trac control or cruise, it would suck but i could, i know the ls guys use the can emulator or whatever it is for the dash and all that as i follow some guys on instagram, but they haven't got the a/c system functioning yet. Im really tempted to ls swap it myself. But then im back to square one of doing something i didnt want when i bought the car. Decision decision.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
if you want to put down 900whp effectively and out accelerate other big hp cars the key is in getting traction anyway. your going to want a really good ecu to do that, I can dial in the exact amount of wheel slip I want and have it targeted by fuel and ignition cut.

massive thread derail!

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
if you want to put down 900whp effectively and out accelerate other big hp cars the key is in getting traction anyway. your going to want a really good ecu to do that, I can dial in the exact amount of wheel slip I want and have it targeted by fuel and ignition cut.

massive thread derail!
It'll be alright on thread derail, i dont see us getting a response about it anyway for mhd. Plus, youre answering about downpipe o2s. Just using a different setup haha.

I've never had traction issues ever. Stock suspension, koni yellows. Never spun on 18" 595rs-rr or my 15" et-streets. I also dont dig race though. 40 or 60 rolls only. Literally the only thing stopping me is burning out o2 sensors. Motors built, Already standalone boost controller. Never got a responce from speedtech about their bosch ADV sensors.

So you use syvecs if i read correctly?

Edit: I just found a post from jul 25th 2018 saying it should be soon. You actually posted in it about buying a syvecs. We aint ever getting downpipe o2 for mhd 😂😂

Last edited:

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
so you haven't tried adv's yet? worth giving it a shot before you make some more drastic decisions...

Edit: I just found a post from jul 25th 2018 saying it should be soon. You actually posted in it about buying a syvecs. We aint ever getting downpipe o2 for mhd 😂😂

yeah its been going on for a while. there were also an old thread were I had a feeling the dme needed the sensors to be the correct distance away from the exhaust ports as well, and I've since found out that is the case, you can read about it here;

https://bimmerprofs.com/tests-chemical-efficiency/

So you use syvecs if i read correctly?

yes.

so with a standalone you will have a map that tells the ecu how long in milliseconds the O2 reading is lagging the combustion event otherwise the closed loop operation can go into unstable oscillations. however bmw takes it one step further and uses the twin sensor setup to make very fast cylinder balancing calculations and adjustments as per the article. if you understand that article, you might understand the complications that might ensue trying to run single bank 02 if not all the necessary tables are found.

you might also wonder then, since piezo injectors are so sensitive and open for such short periods of time, if the control system isn't so elaborate am I leaving myself exposed to a greater mismatch in flow to cylinders with only a single bank reading (relative to controlling conventional injectors). just food for thought, and gets the thread somewhat back on track!

Last edited:

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
Back to the top. A couple people have PM'd me asking what they can do to further development of this. Can doublespaces lobby for us and get a donation thing going?

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
Back to the top. A couple people have PM'd me asking what they can do to further development of this. Can doublespaces lobby for us and get a donation thing going?

Im done with n54 myself, but would still consider helping, donating, for my fellow friends so they don't have to go through the pain i did. So count me in.

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
Im done with n54 myself, but would still consider helping, donating, for my fellow friends so they don't have to go through the pain i did. So count me in.

I kinda had a feeling once the B58/Supra came out it was gonna be RIP N54 development