In search of getting MDrive, MDM, and the Power button functional

• Dark Theme is now available. Switch at the bottom of the page or in your preferences.
Apr 12, 2017
FOB FL
I know @dyezak and myself have moved over to the IKM0S Rom at this point (with a huge thanks to @jyamona ). While I've gotten cruise control functional and the MDrive icon lights up in the cluster, the MDrive menu in the IDrive is still non functional with no way to access MDM and Darrick confirmed the same on his car. I did wire the Power button to pin 12 of the 1st connector in the DME (gray one as stated in M3 DME pinout, 1M DME doesn't show any connections for this lead) but it doesn't light up or make any difference that I can notice. Open to ideas from anyone really, especially @Bimaxtremeretro

Nov 18, 2017
I could change the items in the menu without any of the supporting mods. I had to exit out each time I changed one...Maybe post a video of what it looks like to you as a start?

Apr 12, 2017
FOB FL
I could change the items in the menu without any of the supporting mods. I had to exit out each time I changed one...Maybe post a video of what it looks like to you as a start?
I can change them like you going back and forth but they don't stay. They all default back to "Unchanged" and whatever default setting it is in the sub menu...I think. I've tried to change them to specific settings and hold the M button to save the settings to Mdrive (correct?), turn on Mdrive and check the settings but nothing changed. I'll need to double check my M3 OM download to read up on MDM and MDrive to make sure I'm going about this correctly and it's not me effing it up. I'll get a short vid tomorrow to show what I have going on.

Nov 18, 2017

I think the only ones in your car that *should work would be the DSC and the DCT but it could be that the DME isnt storing these OR theyre stored in another module somewhere. One other explanation would be that they’re protected by an FSC code.

If its not user error, maybe do another comparison between your car and the M3 trc files?
My money is on the DME.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.