Ad: Move Over VBOX, Dragy is here!

spring

Feb 1, 2018
Ride
BMW M3
Some Chinese friends commented on Dragy, which completely plagiarized Carya company‘s PGEAR hardware and software. dragy function is simple, its APP only has a straight line leaderboard. but PGEAR is much more powerful than Dragy, Except high-precision hardware, its APP's Straight line analysis and track charts are also very mature, I like PGEAR'S APP a lot.

微信图片_20180203115622.jpg
微信图片_20180203115631.jpg
微信图片_20180203115635.jpg
微信图片_20180203115645.jpg
微信图片_20180203115640.jpg
微信图片_20180203115649.jpg
微信图片_20180202123315.jpg
微信图片_20180202123119.jpg

Reactions: Rcboosted2007

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
Dragy has the road race functions coming soon, and already includes video options in the IOS version. Android coming soon. We helped them optimize the software to be useful for the stuff that matters to us enthusiasts. Considering slope properly, setting the roll out properly for time to distance, easy to use/share times, etc. There is a lot more we've piled on their development team so there are plenty of great things coming down the pipeline for it via free software updates. :)

spring

Feb 1, 2018
Ride
BMW M3
Well, as a user, we hope that more excellent products will appear and a good platform will always bring us a good experience. Objectively speaking, Pgear is amazing, it is said that it devoted a lot of time and manpower. I hope Dagry can make new breakthroughs in the near future.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I just got a dragy from the classifieds here, hopefully I will enjoy it. What is the price difference between this and the pgear you speak of?

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I just got a dragy from the classifieds here, hopefully I will enjoy it. What is the price difference between this and the pgear you speak of?
I've only been able to find the pgear from overseas vendors for around 200. I'll be getting a dragy.

spring

Feb 1, 2018
Ride
BMW M3

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
How is it possible for the United States to have a large userbase when the only place to buy it is from alibaba style shops? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If a product would have real market penetration it would be sold from a US retailer.

spring

Feb 1, 2018
Ride
BMW M3
As far as I know, American car enthusiasts find Chinese agents "TF and ZZP" to buy it. because this is PGEAR's operational problem, which has nothing to do with me.
Here, I hope everyone to discuss objective facts, because I have a lot of friends using PGEAR, and I just talk about our feelings,Nothing more. Which product is more powerful, we download the free APP will know.

Jake@Dragy

Feb 3, 2018
Ride
BMW
As far as I know, American car enthusiasts find Chinese agents "TF and ZZP" to buy it. because this is PGEAR's operational problem, which has nothing to do with me.
Here, I hope everyone to discuss objective facts, because I have a lot of friends using PGEAR, and I just talk about our feelings,Nothing more. Which product is more powerful, we download the free APP will know.

Pgear hardware is not even on the same level vs Dragy, lol. Welcome to trade pgear in. We have some great features coming out in 2018, you're going to forget about pgear.

dragy.jpg

Last edited:

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
Pgear hardware is not even on the same level vs Dragy, lol. Welcome to trade pgear in. We have some great features coming out in 2018, you're going to forget about pgear.
May i ask why you didn't go for a 20hz GPS chip ? Like the VBOX Sport for exemple ?

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
Personally i love dragy. My friends and family can now ONE UP eachother from different states etc. Closest track is 1hr away. A lot of great data to help tune in flaws with traction etc. Keep it up guys!

bmw_x3

Feb 6, 2018
Ride
bmw x3
I am the Chinese friend who Spring talking about , and i feel some funny with your discuss about vbox, dragy and pgear , dragy and pgear , two products are both manufactured in china , Pgear released in 2015 , and Dragy released in 2017 ;
1: the price of dragy in china is 399 yuan, about 62.3 us$ I don't know why they sell so expensive in international market . this is buying link in Alibaba https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...yFxOo&id=559236124968&ns=1&abbucket=14#detail

2:when you buy a vbox sport / dragy/ pgear, do you buy a hardware ? no , the cost of hardware is much less than you can imagine, vbox sport , dragy and pgear , all their cost of hardware will be less than 20 us dollars , even vbox sport 20hz chipset , just 6.5 us dollars 1 pieces when you buy 100 pieces, so the cost of hardware is not important , when you buy their products , the most of your money is paying for their algorithmic and software development .
if you want algorithmic, vbox is absolute no 1 , you can upload your data files to windows and analyze whatever you want , i remember someone asked whether can dragy fix the results with slope ? i can tell you dragy can't, but vbox can handle with it easily, pgear also can , but not very professional 。

Software development , i will tell you pgear is no 1 , when pgear released their app "pgear" first time , we see a different solution with vbox , it is not a equipment for personal use , is a social network solution to auto-fans, every one can upload their drag / racetrack measurement to a leaderboard , sharing and discuss with each other, and now i hear about they even move the GT game to real world , released the "game mode" i think this is a revolution of lap timer . just see the menu of pgear measurement ,you can figure out the power of their software development

3: no one play dragy in china, they all play pgear , this is truth , if you don't believe me , you can go to appstore and download dragy and pgear , then you can find out by yourself .

Last edited:

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
1: the price of dragy in china is 399 yuan, about 62.3 us$ I don't know why they sell so expensive in international market . this is buying link in Alibaba

The retail price for the Chinese market is set at $99 USD and the rest of the world $149 USD. The Chinese units are setup with a special firmware so they can only work in China with the Chinese app, preventing people from exporting them outside of China. The two tier retail pricing is required due to the unique nature of the Chinese marketplace. At $149 USD it could not thrive in China and at $99 USD it could not thrive outside China.

The fact of the matter is Dragy is dramatically better than PGEAR in many ways, with a more active development team working on some very impressive new features you'll see soon, and some of the people who are invested in PGEAR are not happy about Dragy. Thus, posts like yours. :)

• Dislike
Reactions: spring

cloud9blue

Sergeant
Oct 17, 2017
Ride
09 E92 335i
I just find it funny the one who loves to crap on other vendors for doing the same stuff has been doing the same thing with this Dragy and all those Phoenix racing products too.

Btw, not sure what parallel universe Terry is living in to end up with 400RMB = $99. How about we just cut the BS and say you charge more just because you can. Not like there is anything wrong with that...

Last edited:
Reactions: E90N54Stew