N54 Precision Raceworks Ignition Group Buy! - DBV2

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
So guys here’s the deal

The new boots function just the same as the old ones. They look different and have a different piece at the top.
You are welcome to wait for them OR

You can receive the old style very quickly.

Or alternatively you can get an N55 style kit if you want the coils mounted on the intake side (requires slight trimming to fit engine cover)

Anyone who wants to wait for new boots let me know, several have already said they don’t care and would like to wait, I will add you right here:

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -

Anyone who wishes to have an N55 style kit besides the ones who have already made that clear

1 - DCook
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -

The rest will receive the old style boots.

NEW BOOTS DO NOT EXIST YET, 100% MY FAULT I APOLOGIZE FOR ANYONE UPSET :(
ALL KITS WILL INCLUDE PLUG AND PLAY CONNECTORS!! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ShocknAwe

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
I’ll actually take the blame for anyone upset about the boots. I didn’t originally think they would be so long and I jumped the gun otherwise I would not have posted them as part of the buy. Again though, functionally they don’t add any performance or gain. Also you’ll never see them again really.

But anyway, the blame is on me for anyone upset about those boots. Otherwise there are many kits ready to go out very very soon and you guys can take advantage of the deal regardless.

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Since the boots aren't functionally different, I'll go for the N54 kit with revised connectors. Not bothered with a pretty part that I'll never see.

• Love
Reactions: John@DBV2

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
I'll take either kit if they ship this week, does not matter to me. I just thought n55 had new boots and n54 didn't yet due to longer length. Surprise me lol. Idc either way. As long as theres no performance difference new vs old I'm okay.

Reactions: John@DBV2

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
You got it guys! Lots of kits are ready to go :) give us the weekend and we can start sending these out. Precision got to work IMMEDIATELY after we sent them the money and they started assembling kits.

Was impressed actually lol

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Anyone going with a standard N54 kit with old boot style, no need to let me know, that’s default right now.

If your doing otherwise just shoot me a message this weekend anytime.

I’m John Gillis Jr. on Facebook as well.

335is02

Corporal
Mar 10, 2018
Ride
2012 BMW 335is
Thanks John for clearing this up greatly appreciated. If there is no difference performance wise functionality Ill be good with it. Just wanted to be sure of the difference in this matter.

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Thanks John for clearing this up greatly appreciated. If there is no difference performance wise functionality Ill be good with it. Just wanted to be sure of the difference in this matter.

Not a problem! That’s what I’m here for :)

LMB335is

Sergeant
Apr 12, 2017
FOB FL
Ride
13 335is
I'll take the N55 style if it fits with a stock style intake (AFE momentum style). I don't care about the engine cover.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I received my new connectors from PR ($50) and just need to install them with my original N54 kit that’s been sitting in my garage since last July. Hopefully the Zebra cake is still good.

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
I received my new connectors from PR ($50) and just need to install them with my original N54 kit that’s been sitting in my garage since last July. Hopefully the Zebra cake is still good.

Lol do those really ever expire?

V8bait

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Texas
This is the timeline on why i have had such a bad experience and grevience towards PR.

Posted on Apr 16, 2018 by PRECISION RACEWORKS

Then i posted on Apr 21, 2018

Then PRECISION RACEWORKS Responded to me on Apr 23, 2018 and said they are offering them to EVERYONE.

Then i posted in response to them on Apr 23, 2018 specifically asking about a PRE-ORDER for dibs at a set of them since they were offering them to everyone and i was one of the very first to reach out to them.

Then i never heard back from PR. This is when [email protected] responded to my thread and i said on May 3rd 2018 because i already seen that the original 180 were sold off to previous customers and non PR coil customers on there facebook page.

I would have paid the full $480 for the kit when i offered to pre-order the set when the new connectors showed up, instead they didnt even care to reach out to me. At this point i learned my lession after i paid and they extended the Group Buy and didnt plan to ship them after they had 10 sales like they originally said; Then decided to add on the new boots and made shipping Mid May (which not looks to be even more extended) so I gave up and got a refund for continiously being disapointed as a potential customer that they obviously didnt want. I never in my life had a problem trying to give a company my money to purchase something until now.

Fool me once, shame on you Fool me Twice, shame on me. Fool me a third time... Haha Never happening.

Yeah you kinda have to look at the earlier part of the thread for it all.

I really don't get your issue here with PR man. I've been watching and helping here and there with the development even though I'm not really a part of the company. I can tell you that when you first started complaining about these connectors Robert had a whopping 12 test connectors or something, that needed revised. The 180ish he got after that went to sets who had purchased and he had contacted and held since the connectors were coming in, or those who had better luck I guess, just the way that worked out. Anyone who wanted connectors got them as soon as the big shipment came.

As for the boots, this group buy appeared only days after I had seen the renderings of the boots. I don't think they even had an ETA for a test batch at that point. I posted in the Facebook thread that there's no way boots would be ready even at the end of the month. I may not be part of PR, but I've been following these pretty close and I stop by his shop frequently as he's a good friend of mine. Whatever issue you're having I feel like you've been misinformed.

Last edited:

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Roberts been really good the whole process. It was entirely me that jumped the gun. I thought they were ready but I was wrong.