Pump gas (94) and port injection (built engine single turbo)

steve30

Private
Sep 26, 2019
Ride
E36 M3, E90 335 ST
I'm looking to turn up the boost on my built n54. The car is tuned for 94 octane on ~18psi (The boost is relatively low due to the advanced timing). I have the dual walbro 450's already installed but I'm wondering if adding reflex and port injection is the best option and if it will even make a difference on pump gas? I'll be tuning the car for race fuel as well.

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
I'm looking to turn up the boost on my built n54. The car is tuned for 94 octane on ~18psi (The boost is relatively low due to the advanced timing). I have the dual walbro 450's already installed but I'm wondering if adding reflex and port injection is the best option and if it will even make a difference on pump gas? I'll be tuning the car for race fuel as well.
Made any progress?
It's unusual for a built n54 not to be running meth or e85. Just saying. I'm not against it.

steve30

Private
Sep 26, 2019
Ride
E36 M3, E90 335 ST
Made any progress?
It's unusual for a built n54 not to be running meth or e85. Just saying. I'm not against it.
I spoke to my tuner and he said PI is pointless with pump gas but will benefit the race gas. If E85 was available easily up here I'd definitely be using it. I'm just trying to find a way to max out the turbo and put the built engine to work from time to time at the drag strip. I think the best option will be a race gas tune although I do have the BMP manifold which would make meth an easy addition.

On another note, I converted the car to single bank fueling and it feels better in terms of drivability overall. Based on the logs its putting down more power with a little less aggressive timing and a bit more boost.