Speedtech Twin Scroll N54 bottom mount kit Released

berns

Corporal
Jan 15, 2018
Ride
'09 135i
Sorry I missed this! Thanks dude, yeah the Trophy’s wound up working out perfectly for us. From a management standpoint - stock ECU for now. There doesn’t seem to be any one standalone system that truly fits our needs right now. I hear a lot about Syvecs, AEM, Haltech, MoTec but there are either lots of mixed reviews (Syvecs) or factory DI can’t be retained. For now, we’ll keep it on the factory system running MHD until a tried and true solution develops in the marketplace.

As for power goals... the 3071 would most likely spool really nicely. Obviously it won’t be a bonkers high hp setup but a nice boost over the factory twins with a dead nuts reliable, proven turbo. Love to hear more if you go that direction.

I might try it. The GTX3071R Gen2 is rated at 600hp. Hopefully you get on the dyno before I make a move so I can see how that thing spools. I imagine either will have wicked transient response mated to a 3-liter.

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
I might try it. The GTX3071R Gen2 is rated at 600hp. Hopefully you get on the dyno before I make a move so I can see how that thing spools. I imagine either will have wicked transient response mated to a 3-liter.

I'd probably go with a G25 660 at that point for 600whp and transient response.

Reactions: fmorelli

berns

Corporal
Jan 15, 2018
Ride
'09 135i
I'd probably go with a G25 660 at that point for 600whp and transient response.

Not shooting for 600whp. I'd like the be able to make 500whp but will probably leave the track tune closer to 450. It's all numbers, but the only way the power gets turned up is if the chassis can handle it and if temps are under control.

GreyNBlueE92

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2018
OH
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Those pictures are great, I never realized all the runners are separate. Looks much nicer than what they show on their website being able to see all the details

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
It looks 1000 times better than the other cast ST bottom mount manifold on the market for the N54/N55:

4658-jpg.jpg

vs.

a7ee65ec-9380-4655-be9e-d24e4216deeb-jpeg.jpg

bb23d659-f979-4fab-aafd-721870f2a0da-jpeg.jpg

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Not shooting for 600whp. I'd like the be able to make 500whp but will probably leave the track tune closer to 450. It's all numbers, but the only way the power gets turned up is if the chassis can handle it and if temps are under control.
G25 550. Motorsport grade. No IWG released yet, though been announced for 2 years. EWG available.

Filippo

berns

Corporal
Jan 15, 2018
Ride
'09 135i
G25 550. Motorsport grade. No IWG released yet, though been announced for 2 years. EWG available.

Filippo

Hadn't seen much on the new G-series turbos, but they're all single scroll v-band inlets so they wouldn't be applicable with this kit. Would be cool to see how they'd respond on the N54 though for sure. Just watched a video of a G25-550 replacing a GTX3071r on an SR20 and they picked up 700rpm of spool with identical peak numbers, just a bit less topend overall. The 660 might be a better call overall for some more headroom, but interesting nonetheless.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
From a management standpoint - stock ECU for now. There doesn’t seem to be any one standalone system that truly fits our needs right now. I hear a lot about Syvecs, AEM, Haltech, MoTec but there are either lots of mixed reviews (Syvecs) or factory DI can’t be retained. For now, we’ll keep it on the factory system running MHD until a tried and true solution develops in the marketplace.

You can have reasonable success with MHD on track, stating the obvious, the less power you run and the less modified the car the less ECU problems you have.
Worth having a shot at it and seeing how you go.

I have gone to a Syvecs and while I have not been back to the track yet I can already tell its going to make my life a lot easier. if your looking for internet tuners to do the grunt work via remote tuning then a stand alone probably isn't for you, but in my honest opinion neither is the stock ecu when it comes to extended track abuse at power levels significantly over stock.

For me there is a sweet spot of around ~380whp (dynojet) bang for buck reliable track fun on stock turbos, flash only, short stints on track (20mins or less). After that things become a lot more involved.

I'll be real keen to learn how your single turns out. fingers crossed with the low power objectives you wont have too many headaches.

Reactions: berns

berns

Corporal
Jan 15, 2018
Ride
'09 135i
You can have reasonable success with MHD on track, stating the obvious, the less power you run and the less modified the car the less ECU problems you have.
Worth having a shot at it and seeing how you go.

I have gone to a Syvecs and while I have not been back to the track yet I can already tell its going to make my life a lot easier. if your looking for internet tuners to do the grunt work via remote tuning then a stand alone probably isn't for you, but in my honest opinion neither is the stock ecu when it comes to extended track abuse at power levels significantly over stock.

For me there is a sweet spot of around ~380whp (dynojet) bang for buck reliable track fun on stock turbos, flash only, short stints on track (20mins or less). After that things become a lot more involved.

I'll be real keen to learn how your single turns out. fingers crossed with the low power objectives you wont have too many headaches.

That’s exactly where my car is at and has been. Aside from coding out heat-related guessing algorythms and trying to tack cooling, the car has been pretty reliable and 380whp/420tq is a ton of power for this little car on track. Looking forward to hearing more about your setup and experience on standalone.