Twisted Tuning "Flow Guard (FG-1)" DME Integrated Meth injection Safety

• Server Time was corrected, might see weird timestamps for a few hours.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
Figured I'd make a thread here on one of our upcoming products that we have been testing. Some may have caught a couple of our post on our Instagram and Facebook page.

20190319_160949.jpg

But coming soon to the market for all those owners out there that prefer to use Methanol Injection over a traditional Port injection our Flow Guard (FG-1) integrates with the Factory DME of your N54 (N55 and S55 coming soon) to dynamically and instantaneously allow your DME to adjust boost(load), ignition timing, and fueling as a direct response to meth flow. This allows you to achieve a number of things.

But here are a couple:

1. In the event of a meth flow issue (reduction or complete) with the DME tune setup correctly the DME will instantly lower boost, adjust fuel and timing down to nill, or within a user set safe non meth or reduced methanol content level.

2. allow you to run one map for no meth and with meth rather than having two separate maps. Simply turn off your meth controller when you don't want to use meth and DME will run on the tune non meth settings. Turn meth back on and the DME will instantly adjust settings to meth flow levels.

3. Flow capacity from 0 to 2500cc of methanol flow. so its suitable for chargepipe style or higher flowing direct port setups like we offer.

Thanks to @jyamona and @[email protected] for their prior work on the flex fuel support and working with me and accommodating the needed changes in the MHD app to support my project and be open to adding it to MHD's functionality and feature offerings.

What do you need to make this all work?

1. TT Flowguard FG-1 kit
2. MHD Flasher
3. MHD Flex Fuel Module License
4. Custom Map to Setup the failsafe

Extra Photos:

PhotoGrid_1552445758964.jpg

Screenshot_20190319-095321.jpg

Last edited:

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
Looks like the flow sensor can be setup to run -4 lines? What are we looking at for release date/price?
I'll be offering it with the 1/4" push lock and -4an fittings because our meth kits are offered with that option.

Release date, not sure just yet. at least a month out for production reasons.

Price will probably be about $225-230 intro/preorder pricing and $250-260 regular price.

Torgus

Lieutenant
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Bad ass, all meth systems should have a flow sensor IMO. One of the reasons I went with AquaMist. This is quickly looking like the meth kit to run for the N54.

How is the meth flow percentage measured? Or perhaps the better question, how is that # calculated?

-4AN FTW, not a fan of push locks even though I know they work ok.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
Bad ass, all meth systems should have a flow sensor IMO. One of the reasons I went with AquaMist. This is quickly looking like the meth kit to run for the N54.

How is the meth flow percentage measured? Or perhaps the better question, how is that # calculated?

-4AN FTW, not a fan of push locks even though I know they work ok.
Flow calculations are taken care of internally in the FG-1 control cylinder. then sent to the dme for it to be able to adjust in realtime.

I will likely be in for a -4an setup when its ready to go
Sounds good bud.

hmm glad you guys pursued this path
definitely makes it a lot better for meth use

Thank you. yea I think a lot of meth users will love the added flexibility and control

• 2Like
Reactions: typedRew and AzNdevil

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
Pre-order link is up. looking at about a month before they start shipping. currently stock is being manufactured. order away.

frontside0815

Corporal
Nov 9, 2016
Germany
Hey, can you tell more about events where the DME maybe cuts fuel like DTC related events for example?
I really like the thoughts of your controller and thinking about trying it (maybe chris already contacted you), but i want a solution which works 100% especially because i use the car on the track really often!

typedRew

Lurker
Feb 25, 2019
Ok I missed this completely.

Thank you for pioneering this, it's a jb4 without the stuff I dont want and extra complication.

I'm getting one of these from you asap. It's basically perfect, will it work in conjunction with flex fuel as well?

Last edited:

JMVELA

Lurker
Mar 17, 2018
Hi! Can this sensor be used/added to JB4 with custom backend flash? Will the JB4 read the information? Thanks and sorry for the questions.