Ad: VTT Product annoucement - Billet / Silicone N54 coolant hose kit

gmagnus7

Corporal
Dec 3, 2018
Ride
135i N54
This combined with the CSF radiator, and maybe the N52 all alumnium water pump (if it fits/performs the same) would be a pretty bulletproof setup.

Asbjorn

Lieutenant
Mar 10, 2018
European, based in China
Ride
Z4 N54 DCT
This combined with the CSF radiator, and maybe the N52 all alumnium water pump (if it fits/performs the same) would be a pretty bulletproof setup.

I would still argue against buying the csf radiator, even though it has aluminum end tanks etc. There's really nothing wrong with the stock radiator imho. It is just way too small. 2100cm2 for N54 without aux rad vs 3200cm2 total for S55 incl one aux.

This fundamental problem is not solved by swapping to a slightly thicker radiator.

The VTT offerings here are nice because they make it easier and safer to implement actual cooling improvements through increased cooler area from aux radiators.

gmagnus7

Corporal
Dec 3, 2018
Ride
135i N54
I would still argue against buying the csf radiator, even though it has aluminum end tanks etc. There's really nothing wrong with the stock radiator imho. It is just way too small. 2100cm2 for N54 without aux rad vs 3200cm2 total for S55 incl one aux.

This fundamental problem is not solved by swapping to a slightly thicker radiator.

The VTT offerings here are nice because they make it easier and safer to implement actual cooling improvements through increased cooler area from aux radiators.
Fair enough. If I purchase one, it would be to rid myself of the plastic end tanks and any additional cooling efficiency would be a plus. But nonetheless, these products will definitely be a good idea.

Zeezul

Private
Nov 26, 2016
Holiday, FL. 34691
Hey guys, as always we have been at work looking at what we feel is needed for the N54, and one of the least addressed issues on the platform is cooling. The factory plastic coolant connectors are prone to breaking over time, and the hoses are just your standard run of the mill coolant hose. We wanted to provide an upgrade to both areas. What we came up with is Billet 6061-T6 connectors anodized black for corrosion resistance, and 6 ply silicone molded silicone hoses in the factory shapes. Currently, we only have the sample set in which are black (the logo is going to change as well) but we will be offering the hoses in Black with blue liner, Red with Black Liner, and Blue with Red liners. Custom colors will be available at an additional cost and lead time.

We should have these live on the site after the new year. Estimated 3 weeks.

Currently, these fit most all N54 applications E92, E90, E82, E60, etc. They may not fit some models, we have not test fit on all models. If you have a specific model and which to have us make your hoses let us know!

We went ahead and got these added to the site so people can take advantage of the Xmas sale code XMAS10. This is our last sale of 2019. Please note, these are NOT in stock. Will ship when they arrive.

We will be offering them in a variety of ways.

Full hose kit: $399.00
  • Upper Radiator hose
  • Lower Radiator hose
  • Cylinder head outlet hose (Mickey Mouse hose, this hose is notorious for breaking when removed)
  • Upper vent hose (this hose is also notorious for breaking as stock the center is plastic that crumbles when moved)
  • Water pump inlet hose (Horse Shoe hose)
Radiator Hose Kit: $249.00
  • Upper Radiator hose
  • Lower Radiator hose
Individual hoses:
  • Upper Radiator hose - $149.00
  • Lower Radiator hose - $149.00
  • Cylinder head outlet hose (Mickey Mouse hose, this hose is notorious for breaking when removed) - $79.00
  • Upper vent hose (this hose is also notorious for breaking as stock the center is plastic that crumbles when moved) - $59.00
  • Water pump inlet hose (Horse Shoe hose) - $39.00
  • Billet Cylinder head outlet adapter with O-ring and clamp (no hose) $25.99
As always email for more questions [email protected]

View attachment 34031View attachment 34032
Just got done replacing all those hoses! Damn. Awesome work. Looks beautiful.

gmagnus7

Corporal
Dec 3, 2018
Ride
135i N54
Will there be any issues running these hoses with an all aluminum radiator (CSF/Mishimoto), with the fittings being both aluminum now vs plastic on the stock radiator? Maybe it's a stupid question.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Sorry, didn't think you were serious about that. Didn't do a delta weight comparison. In general hoses/lines are fairly light weight items and not a great spot to look for weight savings/penalties.
Because race car dude! If seriously chasing weight though, the XRP hose is supposed to be the lightest and tightest bend ratio out there. Saw something on fittings too, but canā€™t remember which ones they were. Some oversized with full hose sized ID on them. Of course that will apply more to fuel and oil lines.