VTT Valve Cover Breather Cap Initial Impression(s)

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
This is an initial review of the VTT valve cover breather cap I just installed less than two hrs ago. I went for a spirited drive and here are my observations.
1. Under normal driving, I sense no anomalies, car behaves as before
2. Under aggressive driving and WOT, the same as before.

I cannot say there was any performance gain since I am not sensitive enough to feel a few hp gains if there are any. However, I did not get this for gains, I got this for redundancy for the overall reliability and longevity of the seals in the engine, including the turbo seals. My main concern was to be sure the unit did not cause the car to act strange after installation. I can confirm that it 'feels' safe.

Does this let the car 'breath' better? Do I feel that it breaths better? Not really. But I can confirm that the unit works as advertised in terms of releasing pressure. After the drive, I checked the filter and sniffed it and sure enough it did smell like the inside of the valve cover.

Would I recommend this? If you want redundancy and one more level of safety for the seals of the engine and turbos, then I suppose I would recommend this. I now have Pure HiFlow Stage 2 running 29psi so that's why I got it. Even though I have high and low catch cans and port are plugged. If you have a normal engine, it is probably not necessary.

That's all I have today.

Reactions: derekgates

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
Let me know if you find it to be too tall.

On my E82 (which I added the hood liner too) the unit is too tall. It will push down far enough where the top of the milled piece is touching the top rubber of the filter, effectively making the filter useless.
Someone in a E9x or with motor mounts that aren't worn may not have this issue?

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Let me know if you find it to be too tall.

On my E82 (which I added the hood liner too) the unit is too tall. It will push down far enough where the top of the milled piece is touching the top rubber of the filter, effectively making the filter useless.
Someone in a E9x or with motor mounts that aren't worn may not have this issue?

e93 n54 fits perfect. No touching anything, even with hood liner. They will refund you if it does not fit. Just email and tell them and request one.