A/C issues!

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
I for the love of me cannot figure this out. I've replaced the compressor, expansion valve is new, and I've traced wires from the rear passengers controls, as per other threads, and its all fine, no cracks or cuts, etc..

The weird part is, if you mess with it enough clearing the codes and messing with the controls once in a blue moon it'll work beautifully, and work until the next vehicle restart, and wont until the next day it usually seems. Now, i cant get it to work at all. It throws the code in the picture, but i cant seem to quite figure it out. If i could code out the rear heat/ac controls i would. But i dont know the coding for it.

Hoping someone around here knows and has been through this!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190831-173909.jpg
    Screenshot_20190831-173909.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 26

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
Can you replace the rear controls?
Maybe it's internally shorted ... spilled drink, condensation, etc.

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
Can you replace the rear controls?
Maybe it's internally shorted ... spilled drink, condensation, etc.
Hasnt been any spills or anything on it. Worked great. Never really used or messed with. I would like to see if anyone has any ideas before i throw more money at it. If i can code it out, or if i can rewire/loop wires. Unfortunately the parts car i got doesnt have one. Im unsure if theres values in inpa that will show if it functions, like there is on the front selector switch. As i seen that. Just trying to see all options.

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
Hasnt been any spills or anything on it. Worked great. Never really used or messed with. I would like to see if anyone has any ideas before i throw more money at it. If i can code it out, or if i can rewire/loop wires. Unfortunately the parts car i got doesnt have one. Im unsure if theres values in inpa that will show if it functions, like there is on the front selector switch. As i seen that. Just trying to see all options.
Did you check for the dreaded blower motor fire causing short? Might be worth a quick review.