DBV2 Twin Scroll Bottom Mount

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Ok so small development in the process. Turns out we cannot fit a sufficiently sized intake up to the top so we are going to have to run a filter directly off the turbo. Actually sits in a nice little space there and should be relatively easy to get to from under the car. I really wanted to run one where the vacuum canisters sit but it’s just impossible to get tubing up there with the coolant pipe and intercooler piping in the way.

Anyway, small photo attached shows the filter attached, it’s a Vibrant Classic filter. We’re extremely close. Weld up the coolant pipe, weld 2 02 bungs on the manifold and we Bolt it up for the final finish. More to come very very soon. Thanks again for all the interest :)

0AE0BE73-B01F-4503-B628-673DB4BC726B.png

Reactions: DCook and ShocknAwe

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Ok so small development in the process. Turns out we cannot fit a sufficiently sized intake up to the top so we are going to have to run a filter directly off the turbo. Actually sits in a nice little space there and should be relatively easy to get to from under the car. I really wanted to run one where the vacuum canisters sit but it’s just impossible to get tubing up there with the coolant pipe and intercooler piping in the way.

Anyway, small photo attached shows the filter attached, it’s a Vibrant Classic filter. We’re extremely close. Weld up the coolant pipe, weld 2 02 bungs on the manifold and we Bolt it up for the final finish. More to come very very soon. Thanks again for all the interest :)

View attachment 12155
Make sure you test fit with the stock u shaped hose on the waterpump. It can get in the way of the filter. Also, the Motiv kits have a filter tube...just have to get creative.

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Make sure you test fit with the stock u shaped hose on the waterpump. It can get in the way of the filter. Also, the Motiv kits have a filter tube...just have to get creative.
Motiv kit is single scroll and log style/CNC'd and has a massive amount more room. Unfortunately with the twin scroll we have to spread the runners out quite a bit more. Coolant pipe is attached in the photo as well just with the blue tape on it. Fits great! I love the filter as well.

MDORPHN

Corporal
Jan 28, 2018
Ride
BMW 1M
Motiv kit is single scroll and log style/CNC'd and has a massive amount more room. Unfortunately with the twin scroll we have to spread the runners out quite a bit more. Coolant pipe is attached in the photo as well just with the blue tape on it. Fits great! I love the filter as well.

Appreciate the challenge, but that air filter is sure going to be sucking in a lot of hot air if it remains positioned there.

Neil

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Not really, it’s quite far from any of the manifold tubing and the hotside. Hot air sits up top more than anything. It’s not bad.

Our fabricator has built 100’s of manifolds, has never had an issue with a bottom mounted filter. It will be far better than a top mount I can assure you.

Reactions: MDORPHN

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Fitment is absolutely perfect. We’re designing and fabricating a coolant expansion tank to include in the kit because we weren’t totally comfortable with the proximity of the farthest runner to the tank. That will be included in the kit as well
Also not a fan of how relocation looks and who doesn’t want more cool fabricated parts anyways?!

We did not weigh it, didn’t even think to actually.

Will have it running and driving tonight. Will try to post a video.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Any plan/room for a recirc WG?

I run 93 only 99% of the time too, so in for results since you're on the same path. I've been contemplating stepping up from small hybrids for a while now and want a bottom mount. Nice work so far.

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Any plan/room for a recirc WG?

I run 93 only 99% of the time too, so in for results since you're on the same path. I've been contemplating stepping up from small hybrids for a while now and want a bottom mount. Nice work so far.

No plans for recirc, I’m sure we could make it happen but we would need to redo it on a car again to ensure fitment. Plus I’m an open dump fan, so I’d really like to stick to that.

Feel free to email me [email protected] and we can chat about details if your interested :)

I may go for a big power dyno just for shits and giggles, add some meth in to my 94 pump tune just for show. But really, all these kits will make the same power +\- a few here and there. Just depends which one you think you would rather have on your car. My goal as stated is spool time so we will soon see if I’ve managed to reach that.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
I'm definitely not concerned with making north of 600whp at all, mostly in it for more efficiency on pump, but easy for me to retune for E85 for the week or 2 a year I'll add it, unless I happen to move closer to a station.

I loved running open dump when I used to race, but it would be a little much for the street for me these days. Seems like it wouldn't be that big a deal to plumb it back in since it already exits right next to the DP, but I'll shoot you an email. If it's feasible, I'd be extremely interested in this kit. Thanks.

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Well we weren’t completely satisfied with the proximity of the coolant expansion tank to the front runner so we’re just going to include this :)

2D6DCDA8-7C32-4157-8C7B-CD10B3B2E59E.png

BAAB7B41-79E5-404B-8A20-49A318B85ED7.png

Reactions: doublespaces