DBV2 Twin Scroll Bottom Mount

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Payam talks shit on every single kit because his boyfriend over at acf cant figure out how to run a business or how to actually make and ship kits that customers paid for

Weird, I got mine and it fits correctly etc. I even had some custom stuff done which did add some time, but that was to be expected. Why don't we keep acf or other vendors out of this thread and keep it on topic?

Reactions: Payam@BMS

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
Payam, I don’t know why you keep trying to shoot us down but we’re not making some shit looking log manifold. Nobody wants it. It’s already out there, nobody buys it.

I don't see any post where I shot you down:

Twin scroll Vband bottom mount?

I'm just going by the updated post he made saturday saying he's going to Vband instead. After all that, I woulda just made a log manifold, slapped a Vband and sold kits for 4k like everyone wanted.

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
Payam talks shit on every single kit because his boyfriend over at acf cant figure out how to run a business or how to actually make and ship kits that customers paid for

I know right?!

Let me know which N54 vendor on here has anything close to the following IN HOUSE:

Haas Vf3SS 4 Axis Mill
Doosan Lynx 220Lsyc sub spindle Y axis lathe with live tooling
With Servo S2 Bar Loader
Okuma Genos L3000M 3 axis lathe with live tooling

Adaptive Motion Ed89 CNC Mandrel Bender with Bendpro control

Amada HFA250W Automatic band saw

x2 dynasty 350 welding machines
x1 dynasty 200 welding machines

Kaeser SK15 Air center rotary screw compressor

As well as a load of other manual machines and tools that I'm not listing...

Seems like he can't run a business, building stuff for NASA and Boeing mean nothing either. What do I know though, we don't use him for a whole bunch of BMS products either. Seems like a scammer to me.

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
he may have all that in house and certainly has skills and credentials, but that doesn't mean anything towards being able to successfully run a business. For instance, their isn't even a website for the ACF kit as far as I know. At one point I wanted to buy one and wanted to look into it, but literally couldn't lol.

anywho, the divided v band looks really neat! The integrity of DBV2 is awesome, our community could cerntainly benefit from vendors who are car enthusiasts first and looking for profit second, rather than the other way around.

what is the diameter of the v band flange and how does it compare to size/flow of T3/T4 flanges? I honestly dont know much about v band flanges for turbos, I'm curious to learn more.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Reading comprehension seems to be your weak point. I don't think his full time profession is N54 turbo kits.

I don't care what else he does. Don't advertise turbo kits for vehicles if he doesn't have the daily bandwidth to get them completed and shipped to customers in a reasonable amount of time.

• Agree
Reactions: The Convert

Jpotter

Private
Oct 8, 2017
Ride
2007 335i
I know right?!

Let me know which N54 vendor on here has anything close to the following IN HOUSE:

Haas Vf3SS 4 Axis Mill
Doosan Lynx 220Lsyc sub spindle Y axis lathe with live tooling
With Servo S2 Bar Loader
Okuma Genos L3000M 3 axis lathe with live tooling

Adaptive Motion Ed89 CNC Mandrel Bender with Bendpro control

Amada HFA250W Automatic band saw

x2 dynasty 350 welding machines
x1 dynasty 200 welding machines

Kaeser SK15 Air center rotary screw compressor

As well as a load of other manual machines and tools that I'm not listing...

Seems like he can't run a business, building stuff for NASA and Boeing mean nothing either. What do I know though, we don't use him for a whole bunch of BMS products either. Seems like a scammer to me.
My uncle has a ferarri....

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
You should probably stop advertising for him...you do it a fair bit. Maybe inadvertently, but still.

In the past I admit that's true, I don't anymore. AFAIK he stopped selling turbo kits, not worth his time anymore unfortunately. I try and have him focus on doing more important thing, like BMS production line ;).

ANYWAYS John, I didn't mean for this thread to go this way. Just had to clear some things up with the guys that seem to know it all.

cloud9blue

Sergeant
Oct 17, 2017
Ride
09 E92 335i
In the past I admit that's true, I don't anymore. AFAIK he stopped selling turbo kits, not worth his time anymore unfortunately. I try and have him focus on doing more important thing, like BMS production line ;).

ANYWAYS John, I didn't mean for this thread to go this way. Just had to clear some things up with the guys that seem to know it all.

So what's gonna happen to all the people that pre-ordered the bottom mount EFR kits? Guess that's dead in arrival too then?

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Trying to tell me to scrap my entire progress and kit and make a China log seems like shot to me. I’ll leave that to JP Derpz.

Anyways I need some opinions:

Wastegate in its current location

Wastegate on the turbine housing to reduce cost on the kit a bit

Let me know

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
@Clean WHP The size of the flange is something we’re going to test and look into.

If we go through with it we’ll keep mine as it is with the T3, and do a comparison on the dyno of spool characteristics, power difference if any and at what point in the powerband that difference is.

Reactions: Torgus

berns

Corporal
Jan 15, 2018
Ride
'09 135i
Trying to tell me to scrap my entire progress and kit and make a China log seems like shot to me. I’ll leave that to JP Derpz.

Let me know

Please don’t do a turbine mounted gate. That’ll limit people on their turbo choices, upgrade paths, and in my experience it almost always results in boost creep and control issues. I ran the Max Psi kit on my E46 which did this and it was a pain to control.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH

Let me know

Current location. Putting it on the turbine limits resale value of turbo if you change turbos for instance. It also means everyone would basically have to buy the turbos from you to guarantee a good fit or go to a shop and hope they do it right.

It also looks a bit like a hack job. Even if it works correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: John@DBV2