MHD Wifi

• Login or Register, members don't see Ads!
  • Tip: You can toggle the Dark Theme at the bottom of the page

typedRew

Corporal
Feb 25, 2019
Went to tt site and couldnt find it to order.

• 1Like
Reactions: matreyia

typedRew

Corporal
Feb 25, 2019
Per their description, the orange is for E chassis, black works for everything else.

Just ordered. The details say it is faster on e series and even faster on f series so I assume it will work for e series.
"The orange adapter is compatible with E and F chassis BMW. The black adapter is compatible with F and G chassis BMW and has optimized logic for the fastest possible flash times. As noted F chassis BMW can use either adapter but the black adapter has faster flash times. "

ShocknAwe

Lieutenant
Jan 24, 2018
SC
Per their description, the orange is for E chassis, black works for everything else.

"The orange adapter is compatible with E and F chassis BMW. The black adapter is compatible with F and G chassis BMW and has optimized logic for the fastest possible flash times. As noted F chassis BMW can use either adapter but the black adapter has faster flash times. "
So. Orange for all of us.

Does anyone know if all logging/reading can be done as well? I'd imagine yes since it can flash too.

jyamona

Captain
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Orange: works on E/F/G series, and gives a moderate speed increase vs. BimmerGeeks (good quality) cable
Black: works only on F/G series, but is much faster

Yes it logs, reads codes, etc, does everything a cable would do.

• 1Like
  • 1Informative
Reactions: typedRew and ShocknAwe

ShocknAwe

Lieutenant
Jan 24, 2018
SC
Looks like BMS is the only vendor that has the orange adapter.

Is there a full list of vendors doing the preorder or is it just Twisted and BMS?

scrllock

Corporal
Dec 17, 2018
Surprised Burger isn't in here already to talk about how if only you had a jb4 you could have had wireless logging years ago.

Looks like twisted sold out already, bms' site says backordered.

Will these work with protools, xhp, etc.?

typedRew

Corporal
Feb 25, 2019
So
Orange: works on E/F/G series, and gives a moderate speed increase vs. BimmerGeeks (good quality) cable
Black: works only on F/G series, but is much faster

Yes it logs, reads codes, etc, does everything a cable would do.
So its safe to assume the quoted times are for the black adapter on F/G series and not the orange on E?

From instagram;

"3-4 mins unlock flash, 20s map updates."

matreyia

Captain
Apr 19, 2017
Well then their website is confusing. I have texted Justin to be sure I get the e series. They whould not say the e series is fast on an f series cable. And I did not see any orange one.

typedRew

Corporal
Feb 25, 2019
Surprised Burger isn't in here already to talk about how if only you had a jb4 you could have had wireless logging years ago
Doubt hed do that being one of the only 2 vendors taking pre orders for this. lol

Just ordered mine through BMS since twisted is now out of pre sale stock i guess.

scrllock

Corporal
Dec 17, 2018
Well then their website is confusing. I have texted Justin to be sure I get the e series. They whould not say the e series is fast on an f series cable. And I did not see any orange one.
Black is ENET, orange is K+DCAN. Don't believe it's backwards compatible. I think he already sold out of the orange ones.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.