335is
SoonRacoon.jpg

e30sherm

Private
Nov 7, 2016
USA
Ride
'08 135i, 95 318ti M52 swapped
I really don't understand the hate here. First, it's impossible to accurately predict the timeline for an "unknown territory" project like this, multiplied by 1000x when it's done in your free time. Second, it had a huge setback with the need to add in code security. Third, I already apologized numerous times for posting well before I should have in the development cycle.

You all act like you already paid for something and are waiting for it. You didn't.
I just want to say thank you for everything you guys have done for this platform.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Haven't seen any updates on this in a couple months, and I understood from the posts from @jyamona that the product was not far from release. Any updates? Given my limited access to E85 with the small Z4 tank and voracious gas consumption ... lol ... this solution would be key to the ethanol side of my build ...

Thanks,

Filippo

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
As I've understood what I've been told, it's been running flawlessly on multiple test cars and the hold up is on the encryption/security side of things. Just give them time. It's not like they don't want everyone's money.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Hahaha .. I'm simply asking for an update (whatever it is) from June 1st (the last material update) - no one's taking someone's time away and it is Duh Obvious that they'd like to make some money.

Filippo

• Disagree
Reactions: The Convert

Dreyo27

Corporal
Nov 28, 2016
Sacramento
Ride
2007 335i 2008 535i
cant wait. although just filled up with E85 and it was 2.69 a gallon. still cheaper then race gas.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Your announcement for flex fuel was about a year ago and you mentioned successfully running flex fuel on multiple vehicles at that time. You also mentioned in the announcement that it was coming soon to MHD. Can you give an idea of when "soon" is happening?

I've been waiting to buy the hardware and software upgrades to allow flex fuel in my car.

True, but it was only an early working version. It went through numerous updates and improvements, had to be ported to the other 3 software versions, and finally code protections added. Some of those took much longer than expected and had their own hurdles. After each change, rinse / repeat on the testing.

"Soon" is now finalizing automation in MHD. Target is before end of year.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
We are pretty heavily involved in the Mk7 VW world currently with our new cast units coming out soon. We have true flex fuel through a tuner on the platform. I can say its a very cool feature to have even if you plan on not mixing, its just peace of mind the tune is adjusting things for ethanol content. Its smart they are taking the security measures they are. This platform is full of rip-off artists, and protecting your hard work is not something to be looked down on. The company we work on the VW's has their own tuning suite application, and you can't even view the logs. Your log, and your only option is to upload the logs directly to their servers. There isn't enough intelluctal property respect on this platform, so it make sense products are going to be delay so people can protect them