DAW turbos

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Well as of August 29, 2018 when these turbos were balanced there, they were not white label. Maybe it changed since.

Filippo

When you say "balanced there" do you mean TurboTechnics? I thought they were just a manufacturer of VSR machines and that they don't offer direct balancing services.

I think most companies that buy the Turbotechnics VSR are either just lazy or not 'computer-savvy' enough to change the graphic with their own name.

• Agree
Reactions: RSL

Seb335i

Corporal
Jun 14, 2019
Ride
BMW 335i E93 DKG
All this is a bit funny !

Picture of my Viv Auto Part's turbo

PHOTO-2019-10-25-15-24-30.jpg

Serial on the balancing sheet

IMG-5051.jpg

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
I'd be interested in seeing the rest of that sheet, because it's identical to mine so far (as seen above)

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
Ah understood, well more than likely whole thing shipped from China then even sheets came from there. My biggest worry now is the gtx style wheel. If that was thrown on after whatever initial balancing happened in China, could be catastrophic.

I dunno man, I mean the intercooler will catch the impellers right? :laughing:

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
If your part number matches the china one and your balancing sheet is the same as the china one then I would dispute payment immediately and offer too pay what the china one costs . Whether or not it is upgraded you are being lied to . The china turbo buyer I wouldnt dispute cause you were expecting to get what you got ya the sheets still corny but it's kinda not as bad. Actually more I think about it it's just fucked up all around.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
And don't get me started on that bs impeachment crap.

Both the DAW vsr balance sheets and the impeachment is all made up bullshit!

He probably balances them on the same machine FrankenTurbo uses:

MixedFlow_F21L_inspection_rebalance1.jpg

MixedFlow_F21L_inspection_rebalance2.jpg

There are low speed balancers he could buy for small money vs high speed vsr if he wanted to do anything in house:

Regarding high speed vs. low speed a component that is .05 gram inches out of balance at 1,000 rpm will be out of balance .05 gram inches at 100k rpm. While the force increases with speed the actual imbalance amount does not increase.

However according to Shawn, "Nobody said we have an in house vsr machine as we send our bearing housings out to another state for assembly & balancing just like all the others do as there is only around 6 of those machines in the USA. We just happen to be the only one that admits this."

There are only 6 vsr turbine balancers in the country?

A quick google for "vsr turbo balancing service" seems to be a lot of companies around the country offers this service?

• Agree
Reactions: SlimE92

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
To properly balance things, I thought each component was supposed to be balanced, and then the assembly balanced on a VSR. I've seen some homebrew rebuilds where they only balance each component itself and pray the rest works out, and for a non performance environment or "repair and sell" you're probably in the clear. For the #sendit community here, not so much.

Reactions: Blaster3500

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
Yeah I would imagine they are quite a few just due to the shipping industry and the turbo diesels on the road that would need repair

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
Both the DAW vsr balance sheets and the impeachment is all made up bullshit!

He probably balances them on the same machine FrankenTurbo uses:

View attachment 32494
View attachment 32495

There are low speed balancers he could buy for small money vs high speed vsr if he wanted to do anything in house:

Regarding high speed vs. low speed a component that is .05 gram inches out of balance at 1,000 rpm will be out of balance .05 gram inches at 100k rpm. While the force increases with speed the actual imbalance amount does not increase.

However according to Shawn, "Nobody said we have an in house vsr machine as we send our bearing housings out to another state for assembly & balancing just like all the others do as there is only around 6 of those machines in the USA. We just happen to be the only one that admits this."

There are only 6 vsr turbine balancers in the country?

A quick google for "vsr turbo balancing service" seems to be a lot of companies around the country offers this service?

I am pretty sure Pure has a VSR in house and RB definitely does. I am sure Shaun sends his td04 stuff out (CIMAT balance sheets), but I am sure his td03 stuff comes assembled and balanced from overseas (Turbo Technics sheets). Just because it has a gtx style wheel does not mean it didn't come from overseas. They will make whatever you want if you commit to a certain quantity. I guess RB needs to admit that these pics are not really his machines and he outsources his balancing 😂.

Screenshot_20191025-152920_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20191025-152853_Gallery.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
Lol I love watching this unravel, can’t cay we told ya so! Is is suspicious that no turbo builder has ever actually sent pictures of there own equipment??

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
Lol I love watching this unravel, can’t cay we told ya so! Is is suspicious that no turbo builder has ever actually sent pictures of there own equipment??

Ah so that's it, this is why everyone chimes in. The all self-important aspect of being able to say "i told you so". Always seems to be people from the north too.