DAW turbos

SlimE92

Private
Apr 1, 2019
Ride
E92 n54
DAW Turbos are just over priced Chinese turbo. Does this mean that DAW are bad ? No I don't think that they just over priced for what they are.
I agree. Only issue I have with them is the shady representatives that were networking on the other forum.

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
Started tearing into the car today, go the outels off and getting ready to pull subframe. Noticed my front oem trubo has a decent amount of fron and back play. So thrust bearing is probably what is causing my howl.

Reactions: fmorelli

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
A little update on my Turbos with less than 100 miles on them, shop thinks the rear turbo seal is blown. He is taking them both off and showing them to Shawn.

Eyelobes

Corporal
Apr 23, 2019
Ride
2007 e90 335i
Well that ain't good, hopefully that 3 year warranty pans out for you. What made you take it back in after 100 miles? Where the the symptoms?

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
A little update on my Turbos with less than 100 miles on them, shop thinks the rear turbo seal is blown. He is taking them both off and showing them to Shawn.

Does shawn cover the shop's labor? That's the issue with twins. Labor sucks to pay and it's a PITA unless you have done them a few times, even then, not a fun job especially on an xi.

I was going to say might as well take them both off while you are in there.

Can you demand a real vsr balance sheet?

RNM

Corporal
Jun 3, 2019

Hopefully everything turns out well for you.

• Agree

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
Ouch, unfortunately this is def not the first failure I have seen. Hopefully the warranty process goes smoothly. I get the appeal of a cheaper turbos, but when they fail I am sure most wish they had spent a little extra. I speak from experience. I had a set of stockers rebuilt with billet wheels/clipped turbines many moons ago. They lasted all of about 3k miles.

• Informative

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Ouch, unfortunately this is def not the first failure I have seen. Hopefully the warranty process goes smoothly. I get the appeal of a cheaper turbos, but when they fail I am sure most wish they had spent a little extra. I speak from experience. I had a set of stockers rebuilt with billet wheels/clipped turbines many moons ago. They lasted all of about 3k miles.
Yeah this is kind of what I was thinking was kinda wish I would have spent a little extra for some PURE.

Well that ain't good, hopefully that 3 year warranty pans out for you. What made you take it back in after 100 miles? Where the the symptoms?
Lots of smoke out the exhaust.
Does shawn cover the shop's labor? That's the issue with twins. Labor sucks to pay and it's a PITA unless you have done them a few times, even then, not a fun job especially on an xi.

I was going to say might as well take them both off while you are in there.

Can you demand a real vsr balance sheet?
I hope he covers the labor but we'll see. I am having them both removed and the shop is giving them to Shawn for inspection. The shop is leaving for Sema so it;s going to be some time before anything happens,

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
2 things - why did everyone expect or think labor should be covered? Just because it costs a lot to do? Junkyards provide warranties on used engines, but not the labor. Auto parts store provide warranties but again, not labor. Its like everyone expects it on this platform since mmp did it for sir daft with his beta units years ago.

The other - that shop is going to sema? Chinese reseller wants to go lookie loo at the real stuff, lol.

SlimE92

Private
Apr 1, 2019
Ride
E92 n54
Damn.... 100 miles! That’s like one drive for me. That sucks

🍿

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
That seems to be the case mostly for people not equipped for the task.

Filippo