DOC Race N54 Intake Manifold Released

335is02

Corporal
Mar 10, 2018
Ride
2012 BMW 335is
@DOC_Race has officially unveiled the Group Buy details for their N54 intake manifold! Make sure you reserve your spot in line, there is a link at the bottom and a lot of good info below, check it:

After 2 years of waiting we are proud to present the Doc Race N54 Intake Manifold!
Two major hurdles preventing large numbers in our platform are fueling and the plastic box BMW decided to use for an intake manifold. We wanted to address both with one solution. As fabricators we knew this was an easy fix for us, but what about everyone else? After countless hours of R&D, testing, dyno time and general obsession, we decided on a design and started the ball moving forward to mass production. This was built by and for the true BMW Enthusiasts!

*****Product Details*****
  • Optional Port Injection including 6 Bosch Flow Tested and Match 42LB Injectors
  • E85 Compliant Fuel Rail Kit (Plugs into Factory Fuel Sytem)
  • Optional 3" Charge Pipe with BOV Flange
  • CNC Machining performed in the US by OCD Works
  • Durable Powdercoat Finish
  • Superior Flow Design
  • It's Sexy!
  • Provision for OEM or aftermarket map sensor
  • Provisions for (2) 1/8npt ports
The Original Design and Prototype was tested back to back on the same car against the Factory BMW Intake Manifold. The car tested was a single turbo 6466, stock head and block.
On just 18lbs of Boost we were able to gain 23hp and 16ft/lbs of torque peak gains! We expect these to grow much higher as boost is increased and with the right tune. You can run extremely high boost, like over 50psi HIGH!!!

Now for the fun part! ONE TIME GROUP BUY PRICING!
The N54 community has grown to be larger than I think anyone could have anticipated and we have grown along with it. We want to give back and because of this we are offering our first 50 below dealer cost! There are only 50 spots available and we won't be making anymore until the first 50 have been delivered. If you are reading this, then the group buy and the price is still good. Act quickly! We will update the page weekly until we are sold out.

*****Group Buy Details*****
  • 50% Deposit Required
  • No Cancellations or Refunds
  • Optional 3" Charge Pipe with BOV Flange (Group Buy Pricing)
  • Expected Delivery first week of June 2018
  • Extra Powder Coating color available for small fee (Email [email protected])
Pricing:

ProductRetailGroup Buy PriceDeposit Amount
Intake Manifold w/o Port Injection$1500$900$450
Intake Manifold w/ Port Injection$2000$1400$700
3" Charge Pipe w/ BOV Flange$350$250$125
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Order link will go live on Friday:
https://docrace.com/collections/n54/products/n54-intake-manifold-with-built-in-port-injection

View attachment 10370
View attachment 10371
Thanks for the heads up Doublespaces hope I could grab one also.

Reactions: doublespaces

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
To make this work then:
- Throttle body harness extension ( Included in the kit now)
- 3" charge pipe which is available
- Hot side inlets, which requires...
- Relocate coolant tank

anything else that should be listed to inform newcomers to this type of upgrade?

• Love
Reactions: Jeffman and 335is02

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Looking good @DOC_Race keep it up.

injector-port-plug-short.jpg

Do you know of a source for injector plugs for this application? This was the closest thing I could find on the interwebs: https://www.efihardware.com/products/231/injector-hole-plug-short

let me know the dimensions needed and I could make some. But I'm sure if needed @DOC_Race could as well.

Also, for the harness extensions, I could almost guarantee that they are aware of this. and may already be looking into a resolution.

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
Also, for the harness extensions, I could almost guarantee that they are aware of this. and may already be looking into a resolution.

Seems to me the female side of that plug (on the throttle body) will be the difficult part to track down. I suspect unpinning and re-pinning a new style plug to the factory harness then factory plug for the throttle body will be how this turns out.

N54Trnsfmr

Lurker
Jan 27, 2018
Ride
2009 BMW e92 335i
It would be nice to see an instal pic before committing. And as NoQuarter mentioned relocated inlets, are hot side inlets required or can we still wrangle oem location inlets in there. Difficult to tell without seeing IM, TB and CP mounted in place.

DOC_Race

Lurker
Premium Vendor
Mar 14, 2017
Ride
335i
Seems to me the female side of that plug (on the throttle body) will be the difficult part to track down. I suspect unpinning and re-pinning a new style plug to the factory harness then factory plug for the throttle body will be how this turns out.

This is true. I tracked down the harness side and still looking for the TB side. If I can get them made I will definitely have them made and included with each manifold.

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
As someone mentioned here on a earlier post,will there be bung tappings (6) for running meth as a option?

As for using the port injection side fuel rail,will there be included fuel line hookup to existing fuel line?

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
@DOC_Race can you offer the manifold with pretapped aquamist meth bungs? Not everyone has E85 access...actually most do not. I think this would be a large selling point. Also, many may not be comfortable drilling and tapping a 2k manifold which could result in damaging/ruining it. If there is an upcharge I bet people would pay.

Can we get pictures head on from the TB to see the inside runners and how they are cast?

Will you offer it polished as well as the option for powdercoated? I would bet many would prefer polished. The engine bay is already black enough, need some bling. If that is not an option can you give examples of the various colors and how they actually look on a manifold or a piece of metal? There are a number of shades of every color.

Will you offer plug and play harnesses? Most would be happy to pay for this for a clean install vs heatshrink etc. Soldering also really should not be used for reliability reasons, it's also ugly with heat shrink wrap. You really want a crimped contact and connectors designed for them.

Manifold looks awesome! Thanks for bringing this to the market!

@DOC_Race can you please respond? This is holding up at least 1 sale for you, probably many more.

As an example of the various colors of just red or powdercoating: https://www.google.com/search?q=pow...uabaAhUF3IMKHYytD8IQ_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=987

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.1.113....0._HodVagmZAA

Last edited:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
There are actual injector plugs you can buy, they plug the fuel rail as well however. Injector ports aren't threaded, so without a rail I'm not sure how you'll keep the plugs in.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
There are actual injector plugs you can buy, they plug the fuel rail as well however. Injector ports aren't threaded, so without a rail I'm not sure how you'll keep the plugs in.

I'm surprised anyone would order the IM without the fuel rail and injectors. Even if you don't plan on using them it really is going to cut down your resale value/market without them. Also, you never know when an E85 station will open around the block in the future. Just plug the ports. Not sure if there would be any issues with leaving the injectors installed and just not using them so everything seals nice. Someone who knows more about fuel injectors please feel free to chime in on having them installed for say a year or two but never using them, then starting to use them 2 years later.

Xshadows

Corporal
Nov 4, 2016
Sanford NC
Finally got mine ordered this morning. Thankfully the group buy was extended.

I assume you can use the stock manifold studs to put this in? If so, I'll need to order the extended with the Phenolic Spacer from Twisted.

Reactions: doublespaces