N54 Stock DME Flex Fuel

T3hD0gg

Lurker
Mar 7, 2018
Ride
2013 335is DCT
I agree but integration is not fully tested so you can wait more for integration testing/tuning by MOTIV to give the go ahead. Or you can DIY and report back to us :)
One useful thing I saw on the user guide for the AIC2 is that it can trigger a relay given certain conditions you setup. With my current setup of Fuel-It!'s stage 3 setup and eventually ditching the JB4 for Flash-only + MHD's Flex Fuel module, it'll be nice to still trigger the secondary LPFP without needing a Hobbs switch since I'll be losing the JB4's external trigger mechanism.

https://splitsec.com/wp-content/uploads/datasheets/aic2ds_042617.pdf

blisstik

Corporal
Mar 27, 2018
Ride
E92 MOTIV750 (Sold)
@T3hD0gg Is this what you're talking about? Would be awesome if it did as it would eliminate another module.

CropperCapture[1].jpg

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
One useful thing I saw on the user guide for the AIC2 is that it can trigger a relay given certain conditions you setup. With my current setup of *******!'s stage 3 setup and eventually ditching the JB4 for Flash-only + MHD's Flex Fuel module, it'll be nice to still trigger the secondary LPFP without needing a Hobbs switch since I'll be losing the JB4's external trigger mechanism.

https://splitsec.com/wp-content/uploads/datasheets/aic2ds_042617.pdf

@T3hD0gg Is this what you're talking about? Would be awesome if it did as it would eliminate another module.

View attachment 10248

@jyamona @Twisted Tuning - thoughts on making AIC2-V controlling the secondary LPFP via relay?

Yes this can be used to trigger the second pump

mang.vang

Private
Sep 28, 2017
Ride
09 e90
Correct, no problem installing the sensor.
Jyamona, is there a mounting spot for the sensor, or will it be where we feel like installing it? I ordered the short fuel line kit which puts the sensor underneath the intake manifold.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
@jyamona needs to satisfy our collective curiosity and tell us why you need to wait for the MHD side.

OR

@doublespaces needs to take one for the team and install it without the MHD component so he can chronicle the fallout for us. Take one for the team man!

• Agree
Reactions: Jeffman

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Jyamona, is there a mounting spot for the sensor, or will it be where we feel like installing it? I ordered the short fuel line kit which puts the sensor underneath the intake manifold.

Actually, that short line kit probably puts the sensor more by the firewall than the intake manifold I'd think. There is a metal tray that covers the fuel lines down there, most likely will be in that area.

Reactions: mang.vang

blisstik

Corporal
Mar 27, 2018
Ride
E92 MOTIV750 (Sold)
If you have Fu3l-It line kit, the FF harness should be able to reach the DME box where the sensor is mounted below the car.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: T3hD0gg

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
@doublespaces needs to take one for the team and install it without the MHD component so he can chronicle the fallout for us. Take one for the team man!

Would be like trying to put gloves on a double amputee... the functionality isn't there without the MHD module

@jyamona any holdup on the MHD side? I got my shipping notification yesterday, I suspect a lot of others did also.

blisstik

Corporal
Mar 27, 2018
Ride
E92 MOTIV750 (Sold)
@jyamona - are there 2 maps to flash or just 1 that includes the range (i.e., 91 thru E85)

Last edited:

T3hD0gg

Lurker
Mar 7, 2018
Ride
2013 335is DCT
@jyamona - is there 2 maps to flash or just 1 that includes the range (i.e., 91 thru E85)
There's a single map that is flashed. From what I've read, a tool will be produced to merge the two maps together and fit the new XDF format they've created.

@jyamona, correct me if I'm wrong. :smile:

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
There's a single map that is flashed. From what I've read, a tool will be produced to merge the two maps together and fit the new XDF format they've created.

@jyamona, correct me if I'm wrong. :smile:

One map to flash. The tool does not merge two tunes, it simply formats one bin to be used with the new flex fuel XDFs.