XClutch Twin Disk - Group Buy Feeler

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
Ok guys, for those who missed out on the "in stock" clutches and don't want to wait till May for the shipment to arrive, I can have the clutches shipped out directly from the AU warehouse. The additional costs would be:

Shipping - $100 via DHL Express
Import Duty - ~2.5% of the product price (you pay this to DHL after it arrives, not to me)

Reactions: saskatchewan135

GGMR2T

Private
May 31, 2018
Ride
2007 E90 335i 6mt
Additional to what? What would be the new total cost for a ceramic version? There’s been so many prices thrown around with “shipping included” or “plus shipping” and now “plus duty”. Which by the way my in-laws own a duty drawback business and they looked up “clutch kits shipped from Australia” and thy have a 0% import duty. Unless AU is not the country of origin? If China is the country of origin they have a 12.5% duty but it’s based on wholesale cost not retail....

chrisdfv

Corporal
Aug 29, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
Additional to what? What would be the new total cost for a ceramic version? There’s been so many prices thrown around with “shipping included” or “plus shipping” and now “plus duty”. Which by the way my in-laws own a duty drawback business and they looked up “clutch kits shipped from Australia” and thy have a 0% import duty. Unless AU is not the country of origin? If China is the country of origin they have a 12.5% duty but it’s based on wholesale cost not retail....
Not sure if this helps, but when I purchased Direct, DHL noted there may be a duty charge for the import charged at delivery, but after calling DHL they said there would be no fee.

GGMR2T

Private
May 31, 2018
Ride
2007 E90 335i 6mt
That makes more sense to me because as I mentioned, clutch kits shipped from AU are duty free. And again, duties are based on wholesale cost, ie what it costs the country of origin to manufacture, not retail, and are charged to that company when it goes through customs. Not to say xclutch wouldn’t build that cost into the retail price, but duties cannot be based on retail prices.

GGMR2T

Private
May 31, 2018
Ride
2007 E90 335i 6mt
Is anyone willing to share what it cost for a ceramic version shipped to their door outside of this group buy? I don’t even know how much I’m saving anymore with all these prices being thrown around. And if it’s worth waiting another month plus.

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
The pricing we had for the organic was $1250, and the ceramic $1350. That was for the US stock

If the clutch needs to ship direct from AU (we only have 2 x 6-Bolt Organics left in stock in the US), then you would need to pay the $100 DHL Shipping cost

the duty %, if the US/AU have a free-trade agreement, then you won't need to pay any. My apologies for the confusion; I'm just used to shipping our MFactory items from TW that I always say there is a 2.5% import duty based on the declared invoice value (i.e how much you paid for it), and the recipient is the one responsible for paying that (not the shipper unless otherwise agreed to)

Reactions: fmorelli and WOT808

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
One thing that I thought that I should mention, and one of the reasons for shipping delays is the reliance on "unions" in the US (if you are part of a union, please don't take offense at my comment. I apologise if this comes over in the wrong way).

Although our company does not ship from Australia, we do have containers leaving our warehouse in Taiwan on a monthly basis to our US warehouse in San Dimas, CA. To give you an idea of the time it takes:

- Standard shipping time is around 1-2 weeks
- Customs Inspection/Clearance can be anywhere from 1-4 weeks (unions)
- Final clearance/loading (onto the truck for ground transportation) can again be anywhere from 1-4 weeks (unions)

We have a container that left TW back in Feb. It is still currently sitting in LA Port behind a locked fence (accumulating mandatory storage fees) waiting for these lazy ass MF's to load the container onto a truck. We are only a couple hours away from LA Port. XClutch USA is in Ohio.

I'm not trying to make up excuses for delays or lack of updates. Just trying to give some perspective to the situation i.e It's not the "shipping time" (or slow boat) that is the cause of the delay here.

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
I don't have any "confirmed" group buy pricing yet, as Chris' original quote was based on live exchange rates, so can't confirm until the shipment actually arrives, clears customs and is delivered to the XClutch warehouse.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Agreed, now lets hope these drive as nice as they say!
I did my research, but specifically I also trust @martymil on this one.

I don't have any "confirmed" group buy pricing yet, as Chris' original quote was based on live exchange rates, so can't confirm until the shipment actually arrives, clears customs and is delivered to the XClutch warehouse.
Actually Chris' quote was in AUD back on November 13, 2018 We are at the 15% discount tier:
Min. buy of 20x Kits (15% discount)
Twin Disc Organic: $1,593.75 AUD
Twin Disc Ceramic: $1,695.75 AUD

These prices exclude freight but once we can confirm how many are interested, we can verify the exact freight costs.
But yes otherwise what Michael says. Until they clear shipping and land at the warehouse, freight fees are unknown, as is shipping to individuals.

Filippo

GGMR2T

Private
May 31, 2018
Ride
2007 E90 335i 6mt
It was worth paying $1,250 and just getting out of all this BS lol. Thanks Michael, assume my stateside clutch will ship this week?

Filippo

I’m leaning this way too, but will be more for the one I want from AU, but probably still cheaper than out right retail from Xclutch. Maybe a happy mid ground to get it before the summer is over and I can’t drive my car anymore anyway

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
If you purchase directly from XClutch at full retail, it will be AU$2200 inc shipping, which works out around $1550-1600 at your door.

Buy it from me (AU stock), and you get the same clutch for $1450 at your door.

GGMR2T

Private
May 31, 2018
Ride
2007 E90 335i 6mt
One thing that I thought that I should mention, and one of the reasons for shipping delays is the reliance on "unions" in the US (if you are part of a union, please don't take offense at my comment. I apologise if this comes over in the wrong way).

Although our company does not ship from Australia, we do have containers leaving our warehouse in Taiwan on a monthly basis to our US warehouse in San Dimas, CA. To give you an idea of the time it takes:

- Standard shipping time is around 1-2 weeks
- Customs Inspection/Clearance can be anywhere from 1-4 weeks (unions)
- Final clearance/loading (onto the truck for ground transportation) can again be anywhere from 1-4 weeks (unions)

We have a container that left TW back in Feb. It is still currently sitting in LA Port behind a locked fence (accumulating mandatory storage fees) waiting for these lazy ass MF's to load the container onto a truck. We are only a couple hours away from LA Port. XClutch USA is in Ohio.

I'm not trying to make up excuses for delays or lack of updates. Just trying to give some perspective to the situation i.e It's not the "shipping time" (or slow boat) that is the cause of the delay here.

Thanks for dealing with all this by the way, hopefully my frustration doesn’t come off as rude, but I think we’re all feeling a little disheartened.

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
Not at all, and I totally understand.

Hey, I buy stuff from other companies as well, so know how it feels :)

• Funny
Reactions: fmorelli

chrisdfv

Corporal
Aug 29, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
Yes, it would be helpful if we got some more reviews and videos of chatter..

It's the softest pedal feel of any after market clutch I have driven. Engagement is grabby but not on/off by any means, and with a little seat time it's not a problem daily driving, and sitting in traffic. I posted videos of the noise associated with the metal throw out and the chatter.

The chatter I wouldn't say is any different than any other aftermarket flywheel. If you don't want chatter period, put your car back to stock.

noorj

Corporal
Jul 12, 2017
Detroit, MI
Ride
'07 E90 335i
Just received mine, should have it in this weekend. Thanks again @MFactory

Attachments

• B8755024-1542-4E2A-AA59-2EEBB9CD3D07.jpeg
    B8755024-1542-4E2A-AA59-2EEBB9CD3D07.jpeg
    316.6 KB · Views: 55