XClutch Twin Disk - Group Buy Feeler

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i
I rescheduled my initial clutch install from mid-May to this weekend (4/6/19). Looks like I still won't have a clutch to install by then?

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
I have my installation at the end of the month. If I don't know what's going on within the next week I will backbout of the group buy and order something else.

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
Chris is currently on leave just now, so I'm discussing this directly with Extreme Clutch in AU to see if I can expedite the process. Will have an update later on today!

Reactions: saskatchewan135

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
Ok guys, this is the latest:

Although the stock shipment did indeed leave at the beginning of March, after checking with Extreme Clutch AU, it won't actually be arriving stateside till early May (not the mid-March originally stated to me)!

However, I understand that this is a rather big setback, so what I have arranged is to ship out some clutches immediately to customers on a first-come-first-served basis, outside of the group buy:

Twin Disc Organic: $1250 inc shipping
Twin Disc Ceramic: $1350 inc shipping

Prices quoted are landed in the US and include customs/duty charges, so there are no additional charges on top.

Just to give you an idea of the number of clutches that are available just now:

6-Bolt Organic - 1

Please PM me asap if you wish to order!

Last edited:
Reactions: WOT808

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Why has this been such a clusterfuck?
Why are they being shipped on the slowest boat known to mankind?
And why have we still not gotten an answer on the balancing tolerances?

• Funny
Reactions: veer90

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
Sorry for the current situation of the group buy. I am trying my best to keep everyone updated and to help resolve any issues. It is unfortunate that XClutch left it so late before asking me to step in to help, but hopefully from this point forward with me as a direct point of contact, I should be able to have things running smoother.

Regarding the balancing tolerances, I am checking with the engineer just now.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Thanks, Michael. Through no fault of yours, the latter part of this group by has not been handled well to say the least. I've delayed my car disassembly twice. Thanks for making some clutches available. I sent payment this afternoon. Again, Michael, thanks for your support.

Filippo

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i
I have my installation at the end of the month. If I don't know what's going on within the next week I will backbout of the group buy and order something else.

Word on the street is, you just took the last available 8 bolt ceramic clutch... if for some reason you decide you can wait and don't need it now, I'm ready to send MFactory payment.

I've been in this group buy since the beginning (#18) and I'm disappointed that I might have to order direct and pay more.

Reactions: antonioz

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
Word on the street is, you just took the last available 8 bolt ceramic clutch... if for some reason you decide you can wait and don't need it now, I'm ready to send MFactory payment.

I've been in this group buy since the beginning (#18) and I'm disappointed that I might have to order direct and pay more.

I have no idea if it was the last one or not however I'm sorry it cannot wait as I don't have another car to drive and the car doesn't move at all at the moment.

GGMR2T

Private
May 31, 2018
Ride
2007 E90 335i 6mt
I am ready. Engine and trans has been out of my car for 3 months waiting on this clutch. And I realize I’m not the only one.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Screw the boat we need a plane
No. It need to not be shipped when it actually was supposed to be arriving stateside :grin:. I was under the impression from the thread that they had shipped early February for mid-March delivery. Go figure.

Filippo

Jan 29, 2019 post:
We'll be handling payments using PayPal and at this rate, we expect to ship these out next week and arrive mid-March.

MFactory

Corporal
Oct 25, 2016
Why has this been such a clusterfuck?
Why are they being shipped on the slowest boat known to mankind?
And why have we still not gotten an answer on the balancing tolerances?

From the engineer:

"The correct tolerance for unbalance for our multi plates is 1.5 ounce/inch (108g/cm).

For reference OE manufacturers generally will balance a crankshaft to around 2-3 ounce/inch"

Reactions: GreyNBlueE92

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
From the engineer:

"The correct tolerance for unbalance for our multi plates is 1.5 ounce/inch (108g/cm).

For reference OE manufacturers generally will balance a crankshaft to around 2-3 ounce/inch"

Thank you. Did he state if that applied to the assembly as a whole, or piece by piece?