Discussion about issues encountered whilst converting to M3 Flash and GWS

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
A thought ...The gearbox has an input shaft speed sensor. It already knows that the revs don’t match the request. Wonder if it flags it with a code in the cars that you altered the LC value ?

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
A thought ...The gearbox has an input shaft speed sensor. It already knows that the revs don’t match the request. Wonder if it flags it with a code in the cars that you altered the LC value ?

Zero issues with the LC value being edited on DME side.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Busy day at work, sorry. I haven't done the M3 conversion yet, but someone that's on a stock bin might be best, just to rule any scaling/tuning issues out. Then again might need some adjustments to smooth anything out after.

Would be interesting to test it on varying degrees of M3 swapped parts, but as a start, someone that has blatant and easily repeatable shift issues and a minimal amount of parts swapped would be great. At this point though, anyone or everyone just to prove/disprove the viability.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
I'm packing up and heading out to the hill country for a weekend of zero connectivity, no internet, no phones...only guns, beer, and turkey waiting to become dinner.

In other words I won't be making any progress until I get back.

Stokes

Sergeant
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
I'm sitting on the sidelines waiting for the N54 solution so the N55 can follow sometime later. Otherwise, I'd be an option for testing.

Reactions: azshantris

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
I'm packing up and heading out to the hill country for a weekend of zero connectivity, no internet, no phones...only guns, beer, and turkey waiting to become dinner.

In other words I won't be making any progress until I get back.

Contrary.... this is a perfect step to making progress. Our hobby needs to stay fun and your effort went way above what you expected I am sure. Time to step back and come back at it when ready.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Might be easier with someone close by, but it isn't a ground up logic build from the sound of it. Did Jake specifically ask for that? No sure anyone with the conversion in this thread is remotely close to him, so hopefully, it's not a requirement.

BMWJunkie

Private
Dec 25, 2016
I'm not local but we've worked together several times and I have a for sure method of testing with my 2.81 diff and my rpm mismatch.