Sharp Customs N54 Sheet Metal Port Injection Intake Manifold: Testing and Future Review!

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
So, im in for a group buy but i would really like to know when Tony plans on posting results of his manifold test. I may have missed it but i didnt see anything. I'm willing to bet the manifold that wins your mani battle is going to be much more expensive than the one we are talking about here. Since i am on a budget i will probably going with this one but i would really like to know what the best on the market is so i can compare. Also, Tony, if you dont mind me asking i am curious, besides the charge pipe being hard to get off, does this mani perform well? I dont mean to call out flaws when obviously people are looking to purchase this manifold but i feel the need to know your opinion since you do have a high HP build and know what youre talking about.

Chris has a thread on this board in the N54 section with the results.

TA10

Feb 2, 2017
Is it possible to run port meth injection instead of fuel with this manifold? Any input appreciated thanks !

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Thank you, I found it. I was looking for a post from Tony. That was my mistake.

No worries! I'm glad you found it :)

Is it possible to run port meth injection instead of fuel with this manifold? Any input appreciated thanks !

Anything is possible, but these 'ports' were made for fuel. Methanol is a 1/8th NPT bung, nitrous is generally a 1/16 or 1/8 NPT bung. So if you mean without modification, then no. But because its sheet metal unlike the stock manifold, you could modify it. The EOS v2 manifold on the other hand can come with both meth and fuel injection ports, which is what I've chosen to do, meth/n20 bungs on top, fuel ports on bottom.

EDIT: I will say that people do modify the stock manifold, but I'm not much for mixing plastic/epoxy and metal.

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
www.nelsonracingwheel.com
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Alrighty guys!

Marcus told me he will be starting the Group Buy shortly!

Keep your eyes peeled as it will be for only so many units to start at the intro price, so if you are going to "F#@k up this tax return" THIS WILL BE THE TIME TO DO IT!

I will be here for support and to answer questions as you find them in the GB thread. :)

Reactions: terryd5150

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
If you decide on sourcing other gaskets you may do so.
I am still on the original that was provided with the kit and have no issue leaking currently.
There are companies that will sell you gaskets if you send them the measurements needed. I'm planning to run mine until they leak if that occurs.
For now though I'm still good to go @ 24psi with many many WOT pulls.

Reactions: Yeezus335i

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Yes it is SUPER ugly! For years i wanted to see a new manifold that was cost reasonable and am happy to have been able to push this one along.

We have come a long way in a short time but i feel this is a good match for those with a budget and performance desire.

Dec 14, 2016
Given the length of the bungs for fuel injectors on this manifold, I'd say Bosch's EV14 xT range of injectors would pair up well. The xT line is a variant of the commonly-used EV14s such as the 550s. For more information here's a link to Bosch's datasheet:

http://www.bosch-motorsport.com/med...Valve_EV_14_Datasheet_51_en_2775993867pdf.pdf

SupraSport_Bosch_EV14_613cc_injector.JPG

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Yes initially the first 3 revisions had the ET style of injector, but you can elect to choose the standard EV14 (shorty style) or the ET version too.

I did test the rail off the car and the bugs for the injectors. We had some wall wetting initially but with the final variant we are A-OK for the regular style too. :)

Both will work for those interested. The ET style will move the spray a bit close to the valves which isn't a bad thing!

Dec 14, 2016
...you can elect to choose the standard EV14 (shorty style) or the ET version too.
...We had some wall wetting initially but with the final variant we are A-OK for the regular style too. :)

Both will work for those interested. The ET style will move the spray a bit close to the valves which isn't a bad thing!

If the standard-size EV14 47# injectors' spray pattern clears the seats and the fuel rail is configured to accept their length, that makes this manifold PLUS injectors come in at $750. That's an unbeatable value.

We'll test one to find out.

Reactions: Sshec152