Sharp Customs N54 Sheet Metal Port Injection Intake Manifold: Testing and Future Review!

Bigdaddyaaron

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
USA
No website, just a group buy on the manifold with the proper vendor @Sharp

All issues will roll through Sharp Customs and i will assist in areas that are more fitment/technical.

If there is an issue with the manifold Sharp Customs will take care of it. I had 3 corrections to the manifold in 30 days all arriving in about 5 biz days upon revision. So they are FAST to get them sent out.
I'm saying when will the production run start/ship

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
i can't tell from those pictures but it appears to use aftermarket gaskets. I wont mention names but i use a port injection plate that uses aftermarket gaskets and I've melted 3 sets including viton's high temp seals.

if they made the front facing one where it had gaskets that use the oem seals and the throttle body fit properly id be all over this.
This is a good insight, we had 3 of the Orings start to fail after only the 5 dyno runs, and after the last run the car went into limp because it blew one out, and had a large vacuum leak. We would not use the O-ring provided with the manifold at this point. As for fitment, it does fit, no issues there, but to get the rear intake on you have to run a 45 or 90 coupler, and run it up over the throttle body. To get the charge pipe on, I had to remove the throttle body every time. Just some stuff I noticed. I may run it in the future, I may not, undecided. All in all its a nice piece, but is a pain to get on

Icewall

Lurker
Nov 3, 2016
NJ
This is a good insight, we had 3 of the Orings start to fail after only the 5 dyno runs, and after the last run the car went into limp because it blew one out, and had a large vacuum leak. We would not use the O-ring provided with the manifold at this point. As for fitment, it does fit, no issues there, but to get the rear intake on you have to run a 45 or 90 coupler, and run it up over the throttle body. To get the charge pipe on, I had to remove the throttle body every time. Just some stuff I noticed. I may run it in the future, I may not, undecided. All in all its a nice piece, but is a pain to get on

^^^^ this. If you buy anything, be it a pi spacer or a manifold make sure it uses the stock gaskets. I even melted viton high temp o rings. Stick to the stock gaskets, you will be much happier.

Reactions: Snelson3003

Xshadows

Corporal
Nov 4, 2016
Sanford NC

So us Single Turbo guys shouldn't have an issue with fitment as it sits? And use OEM gaskets?

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
So just to confirm:
The stock gaskets will fit on this manifold?
Stock gaskets absolutely will NOT fit this manifold. We found orings we have in house that fit, and will hold up to the heat, its one of the orings we use in a turbocharger. The stock gaskets are better for sealing, but there is nothing magic about them. We used the ADE PI plate forever with round Viton orings, never had a single issue. Had many leaking issues with CPE PI plates, and they use the stock gaskets. Its all about crush depth, get it too little or too much, and you have issues. Little details matter

Xshadows

Corporal
Nov 4, 2016
Sanford NC
Stock gaskets absolutely will NOT fit this manifold. We found orings we have in house that fit, and will hold up to the heat, its one of the orings we use in a turbocharger. The stock gaskets are better for sealing, but there is nothing magic about them. We used the ADE PI plate forever with round Viton orings, never had a single issue. Had many leaking issues with CPE PI plates, and they use the stock gaskets. Its all about crush depth, get it too little or too much, and you have issues. Little details matter

So what gaskets would you recommend with this manifold? I'd like to install it once and not have any issues. lol

Reactions: Snelson3003

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
www.nelsonracingwheel.com
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Cutting the middle man out at this point would be tough since Roger and Marcus agreed to sell this working version exclusively for 1 year. If you buy one from Alibaba you may see that it has fitment issues since the center feed V4 I have is a Sharp Customs item. Which is why I have been working through SC this whole time, they have the distribution rights for now.

And its not like it's being marked up alot either when you factor in shipping, time spent, PayPal fees, the fact you have to order 20 units at a time, etc etc.

• Agree
Reactions: Omar@VaderSolutions

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Guys guess what time it is?!

CHINESE F***ing NEW YEAR.

So these are clearly made in China, which means we are now 2 weeks out as they all party on top of tables and pop bottles for 2 solid weeks.

Looking like a mid-late February for delivery for the group buy folks. 2 weeks for new years and 2 weeks production.

Xshadows

Corporal
Nov 4, 2016
Sanford NC
Guys guess what time it is?!

CHINESE F***ing NEW YEAR.

So these are clearly made in China, which means we are now 2 weeks out as they all party on top of tables and pop bottles for 2 solid weeks.

Looking like a mid-late February for delivery for the group buy folks. 2 weeks for new years and 2 weeks production.

I'm sure the majority of us will not care. We are more concerned about what gaskets to use right now since that seems to be the only hangup from some people. lol

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Well i am using the gaskets that came with the manifold and honestly im having no issue.

But i havent run my car super hard as im tracking down a misfire post shift.

Will be in for the gasket convo though too. If there are better ones that fit i will order some just in case.

Xshadows

Corporal
Nov 4, 2016
Sanford NC
Well i am using the gaskets that came with the manifold and honestly im having no issue.

But i havent run my car super hard as im tracking down a misfire post shift.

Will be in for the gasket convo though too. If there are better ones that fit i will order some just in case.

Wonder if your missfire post shift is due to a leaking manifold gasket. o_O

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
That's not a bad point but I know for sure i have no boost leaks currently. That very well could change over time, too.

It's tuning related due to the elevation and the BMS PI flash being a one size fits all flash that doesn't work often very well.

Ive hired Trebila to help me out since it's that annoying and I can't figure it out myself.

Last edited: