Sharp Customs N54 Sheetmetal Intake group buy thread.

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
I finally got it all mounted up. It fits well and doesn't hit anywhere. I also rerouted the brake booster line under the intake manifold so you don't see it. Ill have to wait until next weekend to mount my chargepipe, I bought a 4 bar map but it doesn't seem to work with my er chargepipe. I just ordered an n20 map sensor that will be here mid week.
IMG_3676.JPG

BeastMode335i

Lurker
Dec 28, 2016
I finally got it all mounted up. It fits well and doesn't hit anywhere. I also rerouted the brake booster line under the intake manifold so you don't see it. Ill have to wait until next weekend to mount my chargepipe, I bought a 4 bar map but it doesn't seem to work with my er chargepipe. I just ordered an n20 map sensor that will be here mid week.

That looks bad ass bro..! How much boost are you pushing out to require the 4 bar..? I know most of the ST guys use them, but just curious if you'll be severely limited by the N20 map, although I'm assuming it's only temporary?

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
That looks bad ass bro..! How much boost are you pushing out to require the 4 bar..? I know most of the ST guys use them, but just curious if you'll be severely limited by the N20 map, although I'm assuming it's only temporary?
I actually haven't started the car since swapping to single, this was the final piece i needed. I want to make 700whp on this 6266 so I would think around 30psi, which the n20 is still good to handle. If i ever go beyond what the n20 is good for ill get the ad-e 5 bar map.

camberadam

Sergeant
Feb 15, 2017
Baltimore
Ride
Tasmin Green e92
So far I score 8 outta 10. Number one runner hits OFH bolt head - had to file/clearance both runner & bolt head to get head flange to sit flush. Fuel rail brackets are wrong height for my injectors - bought longer bolts & will have to cut my own 0.235" spacers. Neither issue is the end of the world & for the price I'm still happy (pending any fuel leaks or gasket issues). Pics next time I pull it back off...

Overall look is turning out very nice.

• Informative
Reactions: doublespaces

Sharp

Private
Nov 21, 2016
Tampa
Thanks for all the feedback so far. I will let them know anything that can make these better or easier as people post up there installs or opinions.

Guys, final 4 are taking a little longer to get to me. I have ordered 15 extra, but just want to get the group buy taken car of first. I'm hoping to have them next week some time. As soon as i have them in my hands they will be out to you.

I have 3 they sent me i can do on a better deal that use ls1 style injector(longer style) I will post these on ebay for sale or PM if interested for 460.00 shipped. They will be a little more on ebay as they hit me for 10 percent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snelson3003

camberadam

Sergeant
Feb 15, 2017
Baltimore
Ride
Tasmin Green e92
So manifold is on & appears to fit for most part... Still not disappointed, just inconveniences that could be tweaked to be more plug & play.

1. #1 Runner hits OFH bolt head. I didn't catch this in time & had to clearance. If anyone else has this issue, I'd recommend just filing/sanding off the E-torx portion of bolt head. If OFH gasket ever needs to be changed, finish grinding the head off completely, unscrew & replace at that time.
2. Standoffs for junction box bracket appear to be in wrong/poor spot. When bracket is on, it BURIES the junction box into the starter solenoid. I cannot clip the junction box into the bracket. I may be able to bend up the bracket & make it work OR at worst case cut it up/extend it & weld it back together (was too tired to mess w/ it further last night).
3. Tapped holes for throttle body are not deep enough. 5mm deeper should do it. I'll either add a washer or source shorter bolts.
4. #1 cylinder bolt is too long by approx 17mm. A shorter bolt or additional stud/nut are needed.
5. The "fitting plate" that is on the bottom for additional connections could have been in a better location IMO & tapped holes were not deep enough. No big deal since I have an NPT tap set; not everyone does.

4A8F1038-A061-4AA0-82EE-BE97553C2AF3_zpshymxofa3.jpg

7A80CDF5-918D-4FE1-B5A3-9661D1E59694_zpsog6wra2o.jpg

86AED323-C29B-44FD-B9C1-68D091FD4E7A_zpsqmi0eiea.jpg

Last edited:

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
That's interesting, i had zero fitment issues. I did forget to include I had to get a shorter bolt for #1. I forgot to thread pitch/size now:(

Dec 14, 2016
N54_EV14_KxT_350cc.jpg

The "compact" body and extended tip of these Bosch EV14 injectors look to be a great match when dry-fitting them to the manifold on the bench. The tip of the injectors is just shy of the opening onto the runner area.

N54_Sharp_Customs_intake_manifold_bench3.jpg

N54_Sharp_Customs_intake_manifold_bench4.jpg

N54_Sharp_Customs_intake_manifold_bench2.jpg

N54_Sharp_Customs_intake_manifold_bench1.jpg

I'm aware that previous tests with this manifold have been done with conventional-tip nozzles. But after this dry-fit with the extended tips, I'd recommend this configuration.

Last edited:

camberadam

Sergeant
Feb 15, 2017
Baltimore
Ride
Tasmin Green e92
UPDATE:
2. Standoffs for junction box bracket appear to be in wrong/poor spot. When bracket is on, it BURIES the junction box into the starter solenoid. I cannot clip the junction box into the bracket. I may be able to bend up the bracket & make it work OR at worst case cut it up/extend it & weld it back together (was too tired to mess w/ it further last night). <- I was able to bend up the bracket to get the junction box above solenoid.
3. Tapped holes for throttle body are not deep enough. 5mm deeper should do it. I'll either add a washer or source shorter bolts. <- Ended up more than a washers thickness too shallow. I chopped off about 0.1875" & chased the threads

That's interesting, i had zero fitment issues. I did forget to include I had to get a shorter bolt for #1. I forgot to thread pitch/size now:(

realoem lists original bolt as M7x1.0x50mm. The dealer is supposed to have a 07129903893 for me today which is M7x1.0x30mm. It's an 8.8 bolt w/ the dimensions I think will work; fingers crossed.

Dec 14, 2016
I can confirm the machining for the throttle body is too shallow for the stock bolts, which is easily worked around using washers. The throttle body can be fitted to the manifold on the bench, with the manifold/throttle assembly then attached to the cylinder head. The sole bolt fastener for the cylinder head is too long with this manifold. We used a short piece of 7 x 1.00mm "all thread" and a nut. With everything bolted down the assembly holds 50psi without leaks.

I should note that the bolt head for the oil filter housing does conflict with the #1 runner. But the manifold will nevertheless fully seal against the cylinder head. Here's the bolt in question:

N54_Sharp_Customs_manifold_bolt_conflict.jpg

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
www.nelsonracingwheel.com
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
The issues i am seeing are indeed, odd to me!

Granted i had 5 different revisions of the initial manifold but the final production unit was perfectly fitting. Brake Booster line was a tad bent but replacing with a soft line was a goal of mine for engine bay appearance.

Marcus will be reviewing the current manifolds to ensure the batches with ZERO issues is the design they stick with going forward. Not sure what happened in some instances but do know it will be minor modification needed to resolve.

camberadam

Sergeant
Feb 15, 2017
Baltimore
Ride
Tasmin Green e92
Thanks for all the feedback so far. I will let them know anything that can make these better or easier as people post up there installs or opinions.

Guys, final 4 are taking a little longer to get to me. I have ordered 15 extra, but just want to get the group buy taken car of first. I'm hoping to have them next week some time. As soon as i have them in my hands they will be out to you.

I have 3 they sent me i can do on a better deal that use ls1 style injector(longer style) I will post these on ebay for sale or PM if interested for 460.00 shipped. They will be a little more on ebay as they hit me for 10 percent.

Availability & price on extra O-rings?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The issues i am seeing are indeed, odd to me!

Granted i had 5 different revisions of the initial manifold but the final production unit was perfectly fitting. Brake Booster line was a tad bent but replacing with a soft line was a goal of mine for engine bay appearance.

Marcus will be reviewing the current manifolds to ensure the batches with ZERO issues is the design they stick with going forward. Not sure what happened in some instances but do know it will be minor modification needed to resolve.

Forgive me because I know this sounds really obvious, but these things are made by hand rather than coming from a casting so there is going to be some manufacturing variance. The range of variance is just going to be a reflection of the quality of work being done which may or may not depend on which worker did the welding. That probably explains why some fit fine and others are a bit off, I could be wrong but it makes sense to me.

Sean5000

Apr 14, 2017
Southern Cali
Ride
135i
Is it too late to get in on this deal? And if not what are the steps I need to be taking and I havent seen an answer to what injector is best suited for this manifold.

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
www.nelsonracingwheel.com
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Is it too late to get in on this deal? And if not what are the steps I need to be taking and I havent seen an answer to what injector is best suited for this manifold.

As stated in the various posts, the LS7 Injector is the style needed. The shorty style :)

And the group buy has closed so you may need to buy one for retail pricing.