Sharp Customs N54 Sheetmetal Intake group buy thread.

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
So these manifolds need extended tip injectors? I honestly haven't got a final word on which injector we need for these.

Dec 14, 2016
So these manifolds need extended tip injectors? I honestly haven't got a final word on which injector we need for these.

Once we have the manifold we'll fit the injectors to it and put the assembly on a spare cylinder head. Those "Euro" injectors we're considering are a twin-beam type with a 20º spray angle. We'll see how well they aim towards the valves.

Reactions: 08_335i

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
Got mine today!
IMG_3659.JPG
IMG_3660.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
So i ran into some snags trying to install this today. The ls7 style injectors i used have different sized upper and lower o-rings. The upper size work, the lower don't so i had to order an extra set of upper o-rings. Second, the holes on the bottom where you can attach bards for vacuum are NOT 1/8npt. They supply hose barbs that thread in fine but 1/8npt fittings go in about a thread or 2 before locking up. Im going to get a 1/8npt tap tomorrow to see if i can make it work. And third it doesn't come with the 5 screws needed to mount the cable brackets on the bottom of the manifold. I will report back with what size they are tomorrow.

Last edited:

screaminfast

Sergeant
Feb 18, 2017
Rochester NY
mikecentola.com
Ride
07 SG/CR 335i / 17 X6 x35i
So i ran into some snags trying to install this today. The ls7 style injectors i used have different sized upper and lower o-rings. The upper size work, the lower don't so i had to order and extra set of upper o-rings. Second, the holes on the bottom where you can attach fittings are NOT 1/8npt. They supply hose barbs that thread in fine but 1/8npt fittings go in about a thread or 2 before locking up. Im going to get a 1/8npt tap tomorrow to see if i can make it work. And third it doesn't come with the 5 screws needed to mount the cable brackets on the bottom of the manifold. I will report back with what size they are tomorrow.

Good info. Thanks bro

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
I have everything all mounted up and ready to install. The 1/8npt tap ended up working perfectly. Im not sure if it was a different thread or just tapped incorrectly, but hopefully @Sharp fixes that on future manifolds. The 5 screws that attach the brackets to the bottom are M5-.80X16. I will be installing it tomorrow and will make sure to get pics.

IMG_3670.JPG
IMG_3671.JPG
IMG_3672.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: