What would you like to see developed that currently doesn't exist ?

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I personally don't want to see this platform die like others, so I'm going to try and inspire development, my r&d department is very small and try and do everything in my spare time along side my primary business that makes all this possible.

I don't care if it makes me a single dollar as long as we can advance the platform futher and eventually has a cult following like the GTR and Supra of yesteryear.

Last edited:

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Marty, about a year ago I was gung ho to pick up where BMW left off and develop a guibo based on the aluminum one they pulled. I know yours has been fine, but there have been failures and I'm pretty sure BMW pulled the part because of it. Nonetheless they clearly did development work on the guibo, and I think the answer is to leverage that and do iteration 2. BMW chose not to do so. To that end I acquired several aluminum versions, and worked with Barry to develop a prototype (which we have and is a "gross" first version for testing). Barry is knee deep in suspension work, which is his real focus, and that having gotten a lot of traction now he won't have the time to develop it.

If you have interest in exploring the guibo solution, hit me with a PM and I'll share what our thoughts were, some sourcing information.

Filippo

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I'm interested but have you approached function 7 as their design would only need a small variation to suit our cars and looks like a solid solution ?

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
The Wedge version also requires additional hardware wired into the IAT sensor. My code for MHD requires nothing at all, just the code :)

Correct, it is close. No new features until the new MHD app is completed though so that's been priority #1.
I’m also very much looking forward to the new MHD app. I’d also like to say the FlexFuel Sensor and MHD module has been working flawlessly since I installed it last year.

tisdrew

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
09 335i 6MT
Here's a hobbled-together list from this thread all in one place:

ideamy notes/thoughts
e60 ST kitSadly, I have seen some e60 kits but they're in the lost realm of JPWorkz or fully-custom
guibo
2-step/nls/wotbox alternative
rear seat delete
oil pressure sensor
a2w
zf8-- if we're doing trans swaps, why not just go TH400 or 4l80E?
trans brake-- if we're doing trans swaps, why not just go TH400 or 4l80E?
mhd wireless/BT
flash-only flex fuelHopefully we're nearing the end of a 2-3 year wait on Jake/MHD for this feature.
I was out of the loop, this has been released already.
dry sumpThere's a thread here with some data on accusump but the owner says even he's praying it works right and was not a OTS solution
drag adjustable shocksADE/strange engineering
Also someone mentioned you could bolt up Foxbody shocks
DI solution 800+double shotgun not enough past 8 so I've heard
maybe that new SpoolStreet HPFP
The new s55/s58 use dual hpfps, what's to stop us from doing that with our old pumps or swap in newer bmw pumps?

There are plenty of IRS cars that launch, ours have shit geometry and are made from butter.
  • A good rear subframe with better geometry for 1/4 and 1/2 mile traction
  • An off the shelf diff, halfshaft and driveshaft replacement that will handle serious power levels(ade 8.8)(camero/commodore)(insert strong abundant diff with ratio options here)

So a strong tube-frame rear subframe for $1500 with the right geometry to use with rear m3 control arms and tension rods etc?
Something like this but adapted to our n54 cars?
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...hSV4TG4czEJEdAHKHKxjUAPAgM91X_yYaApCmEALw_wcB

Last edited:

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I cant see why the Houzworkz bottom mount rhd kit wouldn't fit the e60, whats seems to be the difference.

e60 535 never made it to Australia but I could easily have it developed if it did.

Reactions: Mrsngel17

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
@tisdrew for the most part I like and agree with your list, but a transbrake for the zf6 is very different from a trans swap for multiple reasons. Also with being able to adjust our boost and tq levels for first gear, I really dont think an exploding trans would be a problem - especially with something like the PD clutches. Trans brakes are basically the best way to do launch control, and any auto from stock to ST 6870 would be able to benefit from such a thing with greatly increased ETs.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Last I heard it might never come out for late e-series?

The intent is to bring all features to all MHD supported platforms as time allows. The time spent waiting for it on N54 cannot be used as a measure for the others as they are mostly separate work efforts.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
V-band downpipes and mid pipes
Fuck 2 bolt flanges. Sadists.

There is nothing wrong with two bolt flanges as long as your using flex joints just like oem or some suppliers like akra.

This allows for perfect alignment.

3 inch vbands from the down pipes to 3 inch pipes to the secondary 100 cell stainless hi flow cats to a nice vibrant 2 into 1 resonator will be the ultimate
setup on a 1 series with twins.

untitled.png

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
They are German designed after all....

Part of my issue is I have the bigger downpipes, 1320's. They don't neck down til like an inch before the flange. Makes bolts a major PITA.
Every time I have to play with them I tell myself I'm going to pound some studs in.
I never do.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Part of my issue is I have the bigger downpipes, 1320's. They don't neck down til like an inch before the flange. Makes bolts a major PITA.
Every time I have to play with them I tell myself I'm going to pound some studs in.
I never do.
Put the nuts on the downpipe side.