N54 Stock DME Flex Fuel

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Lol. Go back to JB4

Actually the double barrel shotgun simply uses the AIC to turn on the 2nd HPFP at pre-set conditions to maintain rail pressure. It provides a PWM signal to run the HPFP.

I'm looking at a simpler solution that is actually better integrated.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Lol. Go back to JB4

D6PfW.jpg

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
Actually the double barrel shotgun simply uses the AIC to turn on the 2nd HPFP at pre-set conditions to maintain rail pressure. It provides a PWM signal to run the HPFP.

I'm looking at a simpler solution that is actually better integrated.
Actually you can program the AIC.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Actually you can program the AIC.

The problem isn't programming the AIC, it is the fact that the AIC is "dumb" and unable to account for key variables. Plus it's a hack job to install with tapping into wires for it's data input. This isn't 1995 but we are certainly using tech from 1995.

The elegant solution is a CAN aware PWM driver. Think about it for a second. 4 inputs, CAN-HI, CAN-LO, +12v, GND....that's all you need and you have every single variable the DME sees available to use. Then all you need is a single wire output, PWM to drive the 2nd HPFP.

Far more elegant solution than an AIC.

Reactions: Tuningservice.no

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
The elegant solution is a CAN aware PWM driver. Think about it for a second. 4 inputs, CAN-HI, CAN-LO, +12v, GND....that's all you need and you have every single variable the DME sees available to use. Then all you need is a single wire output, PWM to drive the 2nd HPFP.

Depending on what you are sending on CAN, you can potentially block the bus like JB4 does which would not be good. That said, you don't even need an extra box at all. I will be working with Tyler on this next.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Depending on what you are sending on CAN, you can potentially block the bus like JB4 does which would not be good. That said, you don't even need an extra box at all. I will be working with Tyler on this next.

Wouldn't need to send anything on CAN, only sniff can and trigger physically. I am vaguely aware of your capabilities here with the factory DME's extra pins and am hoping you release something before I take on another dumb side project like I have going right now hahaha.

Tuppidsay

Corporal
Aug 3, 2017
Seattle, WA
Ride
2008 535i
Wouldn't need to send anything on CAN, only sniff can and trigger physically. I am vaguely aware of your capabilities here with the factory DME's extra pins and am hoping you release something before I take on another dumb side project like I have going right now hahaha.

Maybe just my ignorance to the dme programming and our currently available tables but why couldn't both hpfp's be wired in parallel so that both are always working at half the stress. My assumption would be the dme would have to be modified as to what pressures to expect per pwm%. And then possibly a resistance value changed to avoid solenoid electrical codes. Oh and the possiblility of too much pressure at 0%pwm with 2 pumps.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
So the Motiv release was just a stall tactic or a way to get people locked in? While I know this will be great once it's eventually released, the rollout hasn't been what I would call an exercise in success.

Motiv's product came and is very nice quality though, as well as their packaging. Top notch. Now its time to just release the important part.

Why does there have to be a conspiracy to everything? Goodness... About six months ago Jake told me he wanted to reserve March for a flex fuel and boostbox giveaway. He's just following through on his promise...

Remember, we haven't missed a monthly raffle since they started. You couldn't do a giveaway next month if you wanted to. Its reserved. Ask dusty, he wanted December and he had to wait until April. I may take a break on the raffles for a little bit for a couple reasons, but the raffles have been in demand. The advertising opportunities have been rewarding to say the least.

upload_2018-4-12_19-30-42.png

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Anyone hear anything from MHD? still not released

I was always questioning the flex fuel holdup. Until I saw MHD's announcement last week. They are focusing on the N55 OBD only beta release. And let's be real...from a business standpoint opening up the N55 market to allow the same type of tuning that the N54's have enjoyed for so long is a far more important/profitable venture.

danasn

Apr 6, 2018
Ride
E92 6MT
I have the same feeling. We might be sitting on these paperweights for a while.

Anyone have an idea how is Motiv with returns? If it's close to a month and nothing comes out I think I'll be sending the parts back.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I have the same feeling. We might be sitting on these paperweights for a while.

Anyone have an idea how is Motiv with returns? If it's close to a month and nothing comes out I think I'll be sending the parts back.

I don't think its that bad, things just take time. Some people also like to have a certain testing protocol, truly something that other companies on this platform should take notice of.