N54 Stock DME Flex Fuel

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
I think it is. They told us a certain time frame and that time frame was not met.

For the record I did purchase the hardware, have the full kit ($480) sitting on my desk at home. Granted nothing catastrophic has happened from flex fuel not running on my car, but if the wait time becomes unacceptable I'm sending it back.

• Agree
Reactions: The Banshee

mang.vang

Private
Sep 28, 2017
Ride
09 e90
The flex fuel module shouldn't have been released if MHD wasn't ready. It's been extremely disappointing.

blisstik

Corporal
Mar 27, 2018
Ride
E92 MOTIV750 (Sold)
Anyone thinking of adding a fuse into the power circuit?

Need to figure out what the amperage should be

Looks like an 18ga wire so 10 amps. I think the switch per wire already has a stock fuse. I don't plan on using one.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I think the frustration was that the big announcement of "it'll be released by end of March" to meet the Spoolstreet giveaway only applied to the "hardware" and the most important part that is still not available, with no communication, no eta, no nothing, AND that part wasn't made completely clear at launch. I understand that Motiv and MHD and Jake are 3 different entities and I'm sure they have had unforeseen issues. There was clearly a delay of the flex fuel software - hence, they should have not released the hardware. Who cares about meeting a "commitment" to a giveaway, that's just an excuse - give a raincheck and don't release it for sale if the whole thing isn't ready. If there was a delay discovered before taking, waiting, and then shipping orders for the hardware, which wasn't something that happened quickly, why not at least give some communication to the community. MHD hasn't said a single thing, Motiv hasn't said anything and all Jake has said was that the Motiv portion was promised by end of March and that the software is "coming."

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
All of you wanna bitch about everything, yet take responsibility for nothing. I see complaints about stuff like this on here about new products and group buy related stuff all the time, yet you people keep jumping at these group buys and "early" releases. Maybe it's time to stop purchasing goods until all components are released and others have shown that they work. I'd love to have a syvecs' Ecuador, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be an early adopter. Why? Because I want a plug and play option and don't want to spend money then wait.

Tl;dr
Stop bitching, return the items if you're tired of waiting, and stop jumping on product release group buys.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Lol this wasn't a group buy
You clearly didn't read everything I wrote. I also said "early" releases, which this was and still is. Don't be an early adopter/first handful of people to adopt, and you won't have this issue.

• Agree
Reactions: N54QC

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Jake is part of Motiv, FWIW. So it's two peeps - him and Martial, sorting this out I surmise. Yeah it would be nice to have some clarity at this point, and it did seems like end of March the capability was going to be released. Hopefully this will come to fruition soon... and yeah ... this is how it can be at the bleeding edge.

Filippo

N54QC

Corporal
Aug 17, 2017
Ride
07 E90 335i
I'm with @The Convert. I like to have these great products but also like to make sure things are worked out and addressed before jumping on them. I can wait a little longer compared to some people as I don't have as much time on my schedule to try to work out issues.

Reactions: The Convert

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Does anyone know how to install the electrical section of the Motiv Flex fuel kit? The hardware section is easy. I have emailed Motiv both on their website as well as emailed directly to Chris at Motiv and nobody has even sent me at least a response saying, "We don't have instructions". I mean at least that would be something...

I am really itching to send this thing back to them for a refund if they do not reply in a couple of days. This is not the way to run a business. Even if they could point me to a Youtube video or some other forum page...anything at all, it doesn't even have to be from them, as long as it's correct... but I have received zero replies.

Getting frustrated as hell and about to write some reviews to warn people on Google, Yelp, and all the forums.
If anyone knows how to install the electrical, please post it for others or, PM me and I can make a post after I do it myself.

Thanks all.

VT

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I've seen no instructions beyond the little black card in the package that identifies each wire (and the blue type is nearly impossible to read lol). Could the absence of instructions be purposeful since integration can't occur prior to the MHD drop? Yes more communication would help.

Filippo

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
I've seen no instructions beyond the little black card in the package that identifies each wire (and the blue type is nearly impossible to read lol). Could the absence of instructions be purposeful since integration can't occur prior to the MHD drop? Yes more communication would help.

Filippo

It's a little hard to get anything wrong if you follow that little black card. I haven't done it because the software isn't out yet but if there is a true need for people to see a walkthrough I can do a video after the software is released. It's really straight forward.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93

Filippo

Little black card??? I only got a Motiv Sticker. What black card? If there was one with wire diagram or something, that would have avoided all this emailing. I wish they would reply back or email me the diagram or something.

Who the hell rated my comment as "dumb shit"?? WTF? This isn't some personal attack at Motiv, it is a genuine issue that needs to be addressed. Good lord man.

VT

blisstik

Corporal
Mar 27, 2018
Ride
E92 MOTIV750 (Sold)
Made a little table for FF and AIC. Just unsure if the rpm wire should tap the wire or replace it.

Attachments

• 2D1CE820-149F-4B89-9431-EE155AA75F40.jpeg
    2D1CE820-149F-4B89-9431-EE155AA75F40.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 186

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
Little black card??? I only got a Motiv Sticker. What black card? If there was one with wire diagram or something, that would have avoided all this emailing. I wish they would reply back or email me the diagram or something.

Who the hell rated my comment as "dumb shit"?? WTF? This isn't some personal attack at Motiv, it is a genuine issue that needs to be addressed. Good lord man.

VT

Your comments are spot on. This is a very poor product release so far and the lack of communication is disappointing.

Reactions: matreyia

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Your comments are spot on. This is a very poor product release so far and the lack of communication is disappointing.

Yea, you are going to be a day or so late, no biggie. You're going to be a couple weeks late might want to give the paying customer a heads up. You're going to be months late....definitely needs a communication plan.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
It's a little hard to get anything wrong if you follow that little black card. I haven't done it because the software isn't out yet but if there is a true need for people to see a walkthrough I can do a video after the software is released. It's really straight forward.

Filippo, could you post or PM me the little black card you are talking about? Take a pic with the phone and share? That would help avoid cluttering up the forums with nagging complaints such as mine. Thanks.

VT

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
View attachment 10794
Blue says: AIC TMAP IN (AIC GREEN WIRE)
Eric, would you know which connector from the various connectors these connect to? For example, the VRSF/BM down pipe fix diagram tells you to disconnect a specific connector inside the white dme box. Which one do we connect to for these guys?

Thanks for the post.

VT