Sharp Customs N54 Sheetmetal Intake group buy thread.

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
So these manifolds need extended tip injectors? I honestly haven't got a final word on which injector we need for these.

Snelson3003

Sergeant
TBH i doubt it will matter on the ET style or not!

Ive got an LS7 set that work great and also had the ET style from an M54 that was modified.

Snelson3003

Sergeant
He is working on it! I have emailed him but there is a delay on the supplier side for parts. However he does expect to ship these very soon! :)

So these manifolds need extended tip injectors? I honestly haven't got a final word on which injector we need for these.

Once we have the manifold we'll fit the injectors to it and put the assembly on a spare cylinder head. Those "Euro" injectors we're considering are a twin-beam type with a 20º spray angle. We'll see how well they aim towards the valves.

Sshec152

Corporal
Got mine today!
IMG_3659.JPG
IMG_3660.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Sshec152

Corporal
So i ran into some snags trying to install this today. The ls7 style injectors i used have different sized upper and lower o-rings. The upper size work, the lower don't so i had to order an extra set of upper o-rings. Second, the holes on the bottom where you can attach bards for vacuum are NOT 1/8npt. They supply hose barbs that thread in fine but 1/8npt fittings go in about a thread or 2 before locking up. Im going to get a 1/8npt tap tomorrow to see if i can make it work. And third it doesn't come with the 5 screws needed to mount the cable brackets on the bottom of the manifold. I will report back with what size they are tomorrow.

Last edited:

screaminfast

Sergeant
So i ran into some snags trying to install this today. The ls7 style injectors i used have different sized upper and lower o-rings. The upper size work, the lower don't so i had to order and extra set of upper o-rings. Second, the holes on the bottom where you can attach fittings are NOT 1/8npt. They supply hose barbs that thread in fine but 1/8npt fittings go in about a thread or 2 before locking up. Im going to get a 1/8npt tap tomorrow to see if i can make it work. And third it doesn't come with the 5 screws needed to mount the cable brackets on the bottom of the manifold. I will report back with what size they are tomorrow.

Good info. Thanks bro

Sshec152

Corporal
I have everything all mounted up and ready to install. The 1/8npt tap ended up working perfectly. Im not sure if it was a different thread or just tapped incorrectly, but hopefully @Sharp fixes that on future manifolds. The 5 screws that attach the brackets to the bottom are M5-.80X16. I will be installing it tomorrow and will make sure to get pics.

IMG_3670.JPG
IMG_3671.JPG
IMG_3672.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: